Exedy Mach 600 installed

burke985

Established Member
20140821_191527_zpszn2miqii.jpg

First off i wanna say thanks to Terry at Beefcake Racing for the killer deal!!!

Didnt find alot of info here and i thought id post up a little something.Well got 100 miles on it and I can say there really is not much difference from stock as far as pedal pressure. The main difference and it's one im getting used to is taking off in 1st from a dead stop takes a little more throttle, the sweet spot seems to be 11-1200 rpm to start slipping it. It is pretty close to being an on off switch but you can caress it enough to make it drive civilly just need a Lil more throttle. Shifts are pretty smooth no noticeable notchiness. Went to Ford also and took advantage of the issued TSB and getting the dual clutch fluid put in and everything is pretty much butter smooth. The Flywheel does omit some driveline noise but its nothing to complain about and it seems to be getting better. I also added a set of Steeda HD Motor Mounts and that really tightened things up front up even with the red bushings. So far im loving it cant wait to get through this break in period so i can stop driving NORMAL ....its killing me :rolling:

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
No not really , I was having issues of getting locked out of gears during WOT high rpm runs

frogui

Established Member
I'm installing mine on Saturday. Hope it gets along with the Paxton. The OE one gave up the ghost after 5k miles of doing 1/8ths at every stoplight.

burke985

Established Member
I was looking into this clutch, what flywheel did you use..? and did you get new bolts for the flywheel as well..?
thanks

Used the exedy racing flywheel and the installer said the bolts were fine so I didn't get any.

burke985

Established Member
I'm installing mine on Saturday. Hope it gets along with the Paxton. The OE one gave up the ghost after 5k miles of doing 1/8ths at every stoplight.

Lol...I made 7k and one year on the TVS , mine was driveable but it was time , I've never got locked out of gears before with this car. I went to Ford and got the dual clutch fluid put in and I don't think it can possibly shift any smoother now.

burke985

Established Member
just ordered mine a day or two ago, having the same issue, hope this resolves it

I'm still breaking it in still have 500 miles left to go and as soon as that hits I'm letting it rip and see what this thing has. I'm really liking it so far and I can't say this enough the motor mounts really tightened things up front.

draxxus131

Established Member
I'm a bit confused when people order a clutch for shift gate lockouts. If your getting locked out of gear, I would presume that it has to do with the linkage to the transmission and flexing due to torquing of the engine and transmission. Could someone elaborate on this, I only ask due to having issues with the clutch pedal becoming heavy/sticking in the past.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
^^BMR k-member w/ mounts and white line tranny bushing, still have the issue.

I have always read that it is most likely caused by the pressure plate which seems to be weak on the 2011+'s. The higher the RPM and heat the less the pressure plate does its job and doesn't disengage the clutch from the flywheel. An upgraded clutch even with the stock flywheel in use seems to clear up most of peoples issues

burke985

Established Member
So i went to the dealership and had the Crank sensor relearn done and when i left i got down the road about a quarter mile and car throws a wrench light and goes into limp mode. I basically had to idle back to the dealership. Tried to use my X3 to see what the code was but it didnt pick it up because its a POS i hate that freakin thing. Any how i made it back to the dealership and the code theyt read was P0320 (Engine Speed Input Circuit). They said they never saw that code before any body ever have this ? ,Long story short is i guess its fixed now i only drove it a few miles after i got it back the second time

Users who are viewing this thread