Exhaust fr500

TL Terminator

Established Member
I have the fr500 exhaust on 03 cobra with cutouts. Looking to remove the cutouts and just buy some new mufflers to weld in place.

What diameter is that exhaust and what recommendations do you guys have. Leaning to the borla s-types/stingers

Sent from my LM-V350 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You might just wanna sell the whole catback as is and buy a new one. It might be a desirable piece for some people being it’s a discontinued Ford Racing unit. Most regular catbacks are 2.5” which is probably what size yours is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You might just wanna sell the whole catback as is and buy a new one. It might be a desirable piece for some people being it’s a discontinued Ford Racing unit. Most regular catbacks are 2.5” which is probably what size yours is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What he said.

Hell, it may pay for your new catback.

TL Terminator

Established Member
I want to keep the fr500 fpr the performance just want more sound. Mufflers are currently welded in so it would be a matter of cutting them out and putting new on. Keep the 500 mufflers and always put them back in.

Sent from my LM-V350 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Comp04svt

Established Member
What are you running before the cat back? Maybe throw on an O/R X-pipe or some long tubes and see if you like that? I wouldn't cut up that exhaust personally with how rare they are, and how much money they command.

GodStang

Established Member
Man that is my favorite catback. Ran it for years. Its a nice 2.5" catback and now a days it sells for a fortune if the doors are still intact. I highly recommend just selling it and not hacking it up. As far as what mufflers to replace it with it is about what you like. Pull up Youtube and listen to videos of exhausts. I am a huge Borla fan so that was the route I went.

Users who are viewing this thread