exhaust help

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
So I recently installed my stainless work longtubes o/r x pipe and over axle pipes with my mac flow path axle backs. This setup is crazy loud, and I like loud. The problem with this set up is my car doesn't even really sound like a mustang. I was thinking of doing borla s type but I am new to the axle back scene. I have owned some sn 95 and new edge just don't know with the way these mufflers are and where there located. I just want opinions as to what you guys think will give my car a much cleaner sound without adding cats. I have a crazy Idea of buying bora stinger mufflers and having them welded in were the resonators were on the car stock and just have tips exit out back. Do you think this would sound good? thanks in advance.

CorDog009

Established Member
Mine with GT500s and no cats sounds really good. Loud at throttle, but nice cruising down the highway. I have the resonators still in place too. I might take them out one of these days. I've head the Borlas sound good, just haven't heard them in person. Mine was crazy loud with 10-series Flowmasters before and sounded nothing like a Mustang...more like a old 3/4 ton gas pickup with glasspacks if anything.

CorDog009

Established Member
Reinstall your stock axle back mufflers. With longtubes and off road X, you'd be surprised how good it sounds.

+1. I'd try this if you still have your stock mufflers, or can grab a set cheap.

With just the Stinger mufflers in place of the resonators and no real mufflers out back, you'll hate driving the car. I like loud, but it has to be loud AND clean/deep not raspy and popping.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
Well at wot this car sounds like it has a ls motor..I mean just has no tone at all...Has a great idol but when you hit to go button sounds straight piped... I like loud to and the loudness doesn't bother me its just the fact of not having and real tone to it.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
anyone else have thoughts on this? If I mount borla stingers were the resonators were and just run say muffler deletes to make something similar to a catback, would this clean the sound of the car up?

prn1972

Established Member
Just put some magnaflow or borla bullets on the over the axles pipes where they meet your h or x pipe, I had this same problem, very loud & raspy & sounded like crap, I used the magnaflow bullets, toned it down just a little but gave it that deep muscle car sound

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Local guy with a custom exhaust featuring bullet style (not sure of the exhaust brand) mufflers where the resonators are and muffler deletes.

[youtube_browser]PhRJAgptYYo[/youtube_browser]

And I just found this setup today on YouTube

[youtube_browser]9wyBV8f-oWY[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread