exhaust installed

manOwar

Established Member
It took all day but I was able to get the Exhaust, shifter and DS done.

The Alu DS from Inland was a perfect fit and the Steeta shifter makes a big improvement over the factory. Both were easy and straight forward to install.

The headers was a different story. I have never cussed so much in my life so we'll just leave it at that. If you plan on installing your own, I wish you all the luck in the world. I will pay some one next time.

Here is a quick Vid, Let me know what you think.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d87e2969-c572-4c2b-9fdf-98ef0105e390.htm

MattP 343

Established Member
Thats awesome! Sounds like a nascar at WOT

Sn197 GT Axleback/Catback systems and the GT500 systems are the exact same thing right? Because my uncle wants to order a set of Stingers for his GT500 and I wasn't exactly sure.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Cant watch the vid at work, but Ive got the Kooks too with the catted X going on next week. Im running the Corsa's. Stage 3 should be here this week! What was the difficult part of the header install? Did you reuse the stock gaskets? They're expensive buggers.

93SVT#18

Established Member
Did you get the 3" cat back pipes with the magna flow? Just Installed the 3" cat back magna flow with the magna pack's on ours and it is too quite. Really wasnt going to do any other exhaust work but now I am going to at least do an x-pipe and probally a set of headers.

manOwar

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Cant watch the vid at work, but Ive got the Kooks too with the catted X going on next week. Im running the Corsa's. Stage 3 should be here this week! What was the difficult part of the header install? Did you reuse the stock gaskets? They're expensive buggers.

I reused the gaskets, they were perfect.

They were hard because there is not much room. The drivers side was the worst, it's a very tight fit. My hands are all cut up!!!:D

manOwar

Established Member
93SVT#18 said:
Did you get the 3" cat back pipes with the magna flow? Just Installed the 3" cat back magna flow with the magna pack's on ours and it is too quite. Really wasnt going to do any other exhaust work but now I am going to at least do an x-pipe and probally a set of headers.

I stayed with 2.5. The headers will wake em' up!!!:rockon: It's ear piercing loud!!!

CGoeschel

Established Member
GREAT NEWS!! My Kenne Bell got shipped today!! Should be here tomorrow!! WOOT!! I listened to the exhaust and it sounds bad ass!! I cant wait to get my Kooks installed on the 22nd!

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
Thats awesome! Sounds like a nascar at WOT

Sn197 GT Axleback/Catback systems and the GT500 systems are the exact same thing right? Because my uncle wants to order a set of Stingers for his GT500 and I wasn't exactly sure.

Yup, I just put the FRPP Stinger kit on mine on Sunday

CGoeschel

Established Member
manOwar said:
Got the KB today, going to the shop tomorrow for the install.....

More vid's by the weekend!!!

AARGHH!! lol....I missed the FedEx driver today delivering my KB kit...signature required!!! :mj: Im off tomorrow so Ill be hanging around the house all day it looks like!

manOwar

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
AARGHH!! lol....I missed the FedEx driver today delivering my KB kit...signature required!!! :mj: Im off tomorrow so Ill be hanging around the house all day it looks like!
It's f***ing huge, Your in for a treat!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread