Exhaust leak with X-Pipe

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Holy crap the car is LOUD, btw. I like it, though. I have FRPP 5GT mufflers (Borla Stingers). WOT is stupid loud, ha ha :banana:

I had NC H-Pipe and Stingers (FRPP) and agree that they were way loud. I switched them to the FRPP M-5230-SVT and could not be happier. I found someone to trade even-up for my FRPP M-5230-SGT (stingers).

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I had NC H-Pipe and Stingers (FRPP) and agree that they were way loud. I switched them to the FRPP M-5230-SVT and could not be happier. I found someone to trade even-up for my FRPP M-5230-SGT (stingers).

That's a sweet deal. I know a lot of people go back to a tamer muffler after installing a catless midpipe. I can see why now. But I love my stingers. Before the x-pipe it had the perfect sound, IMO. I just wanted more volume and power. I'm starting to dislike the sound but as long as the exhaust leak and the resonators tone down the rasp and clean up the sound, I'll be happy. I don't mind it loud, just not shitty & loud :nonono:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You need 2 of those.

My Lethal pipe came with the pair and a little instruction note; they say use one on ea. side.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
You need 2 of those.

My Lethal pipe came with the pair and a little instruction note; they say use one on ea. side.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I was wrong. According to Lethal I need two also. I just ordered a pair from them today. I should receive them on Saturday. I'll be taking the car to a lift and adding these reducers and the resonators I got form Zporta at the same time. Crossing my fingers for a mean growl :bowdown:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
That's a sweet deal. I know a lot of people go back to a tamer muffler after installing a catless midpipe. I can see why now. But I love my stingers. Before the x-pipe it had the perfect sound, IMO. I just wanted more volume and power. I'm starting to dislike the sound but as long as the exhaust leak and the resonators tone down the rasp and clean up the sound, I'll be happy. I don't mind it loud, just not shitty & loud :nonono:

x2 to that. The trick then is to find a pair of mufflers that tone down the rasp. I just traded a fellow member my old SLP's for a set of Flowmaster American thunder. Just put them in the other day and i must say wow. Perfect sound to me for the mean time.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread