Exhaust Rattle Help

Dan12GT

Established Member
Hey guys i've been trying to isolate an exhaust rattle for some time now. I thought it was an internal rattle on inside my muffler/s but maybe not now. I just took off the muffler and seems to have an excessive amount of moisture in it. This normal? Ideas? Thanks, I am about to go drive it with the muffler off to see if I can still hear something.

Muffler on, POV video:

th_ExhaustRattlemwv_zps6a2bcdbb.jpg

Muffler off:

th_IMG_1861_zpsf5d58ca1.jpg

Dan12GT

Established Member
What I want to know is how you got the camera to stay there while driving, and what you attached it to. LOL

My cell phone, zip tied it to my LCA brackets :)

I got both mufflers off shook them both vigorously no noise other than some water. I think I might have found the problem though.

I bought my car 3k miles used and I think the previous owner had an aftermarket exhaust. Well somehow it was up in there with no rear exhaust hangers. Maybe the dealer did it when they tried to resell the car, who knows. Long story short when I had the exhaust put on at Midas they found that and gave me two hangers and bolted it up.

Well here is what the hangers look like. Something seems off. 1 of them looks cut and the other looks normal. Both Ford parts. Also the nuts I took off look the same but for 2. Also I only pulled off 6 which I am not sure is the correct amount or not. I think the hangers were what was buzzing around making the noise. I am about to go for a final drive with both mufflers off to see if the noise is still there bu I'm nearly 100% sure it will be gone with the mufflers and hangers off.

IMG_1862_zpse9a0db3e.jpg

IMG_1863_zps0c604601.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread