exhaust upgrade

Juiced-03

Established Member
A catback shouldnt, but some dealers dont like X pipes especially if they are offroad. My dealer has always been very good with mods though. I guess it all depends on your dealer and the relationship you have with your service adviser.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It shouldn't, but technically if any modification installed that is not Ford approved is deemed to contribute or cause a failure could become a factor. Is it likely? Almost certainly not. Generally warrantee-safe mods include catback, shifter and CAI. The least likely to be a factor would be a catback in my opinion. The most likely of the three would be a CAI if the filter failed in some way.

By the way, performance mods can suggest that you race the car (which none of us would ever do - LOL!) and if the dealer suspects a part failure is due to racing that, too, can become a warrantee issue.

That's why I went over the line quickly. I figure if Ford is so anal about warrantees I sure as heck wasn't going to work hard to keep my car "warrantee friendly" for three years for naught. I bought my car to have fun and enjoy it. That is why I also cancelled my extended warrantee.

Have fun and do what you want. And drive them the way they were meant to be driven.
:burnout:

gud2goe

Established Member
cobrabob is right. if you are going to deal ask them point blank if it will. i did and they told me what they would not go for. of course that was then. but you always have the "he said " issue!!

Teeshot

Established Member
warrenty

Originally posted by Juiced-03
A catback shouldnt, but some dealers dont like X pipes especially if they are offroad. My dealer has always been very good with mods though. I guess it all depends on your dealer and the relationship you have with your service adviser. Did you get any money back on your warrenty

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
a catback shouldnt, but neither should a x pipe. the only reason they can void a warrenty is if it is directly related to a problem

Chris-SVT

Established Member
I just took my car in to the dealer to get the clutch replaced and i have an O/R x pipe. they said nothing to me about it. so i guessing its ok.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Cobrabob is on target. Although with tranny problems sounds like she shifter has been a out at times. CAI if it was not a oiled one be best bet but shaky

I called SVT and asked they only really thought the cat back was ok. Then got into the Oil on the airfilter and just said if there is problems the CAI will be blamed possibly

Users who are viewing this thread