Exhaust video MAC 3"

monX

Established Member
Kept on changing my exhaust setups and had finally found my favorite :rockon:

[youtube_browser]-t6mqJSXi2U[/youtube_browser]

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
shits sounds awesome. GOD i love it!!!!!!!! Makes me miss my old macs on my 97GT... Im pissed my old car got junked and crushed with my mac mufflers+o/r H on it. I gotta get some for the new car.

Last edited:

monX

Established Member
shits sounds awesome. GOD i love it!!!!!!!! Makes me miss my old macs on my 97GT... Im pissed my old car got junked and crushed with my mac mufflers+o/r H on it. I gotta get some for the new car.

Thanks mate, I love it, sounds really mean yet very clean :beer:

what x pipe is that?

It's a UPR O/R X

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Sounds real good. I have this exhaust brand new just sitting in my garage waiting to go on. This has inspired me.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
mac ftmfw sounds nasty. i need to get rid of my bassani x for a upr...it makes an awful rattle/rasp sound inside the car with my macs

jarryd2018

Established Member
I'm planning on running a mac 3" catback with the new engine. Still can't decide what kind of x pipe to run, probably going to be custom just gotta pick decide who's design will sound the best. Then it will be mated to some LTs.

Is your x pipe 3" too? I don't know if that would overkill or not. I may just hack up my UPR X in the garage and use that.

Spade

Established Member
I was running the same setup and liked it alot. I then went MAC L/T with an O/R H (unsure of brand)and the car was way to loud inside. Climbing a grade in fifth or sixth gear it was to much.

BTW your car sound really good. I miss that sound myself. A few of my friend were bummed when I switched because they thought the car was the best sounding in the area.

monX

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys :beer:

Sounds good! Got a set waiting to install.

Sounds real good. I have this exhaust brand new just sitting in my garage waiting to go on. This has inspired me.

Yeah, you guys will be really happy with the sound, but it won't look as good as the 2.5" systems

I'm planning on running a mac 3" catback with the new engine. Still can't decide what kind of x pipe to run, probably going to be custom just gotta pick decide who's design will sound the best. Then it will be mated to some LTs.

Is your x pipe 3" too? I don't know if that would overkill or not. I may just hack up my UPR X in the garage and use that.

x pipe is 2.5", post video when do it. :beer:

I was running the same setup and liked it alot. I then went MAC L/T with an O/R H (unsure of brand)and the car was way to loud inside. Climbing a grade in fifth or sixth gear it was to much.

BTW your car sound really good. I miss that sound myself. A few of my friend were bummed when I switched because they thought the car was the best sounding in the area.

I was in the same situation as you. My previous setup was a Bassni Mid lengths, Bassani X pipe, and MAC 3", and let me tell you, the sound had me annoyed, the bassani mids add about 50% more drone to the setup, the headers do kill the clean "bubbly" sound these cars make and changes it a lot.

It was all when my bassani mids were leaking to do their crappy gaskets, I had to replace it, but I figured if those bassanis are coming down, THEY ARE COMING DOWN. And i thought it was the perfect opportunity to get stock manifolds and get that sound back, AND have better ground clearance. Although I did lose about 10hp but that's the price for the sound I wanted and was willing to pay :beer:

Same set up and love it, I have to say I get alot of complements from lod hot rod guys since I put the 3" Mac on.

Same here man, never had so many people tell me how much they like this setup like I did with previous while driving around :rockon:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm getting mine ceramic coated before installing it. Also swapping the tips for 4" SS single wall so I can rotate the tips to match the contour of the rear bumper like the Bassanis do.

Users who are viewing this thread