Explosion at 155mph...need help!

Roots25

Roots25
Established Member
Was Racing a high performance audi rs4 i wanna say it was today, needless to say i smoked him, but around 155 mph it sounded like a explosion in the rear of the car, almost like my rear windshield popped off or my spoiler flew off or something, and i have no idea what it was, i slowed down and the noise slowly quieted down and went away. No engine light, no damage, everything runs fine, i am clueless.

Is there a exhaust cut off or something when you top out, i have slp headers and off road x pipe and exhaust, upgraded a few things under the hood, just trying to figure out what the hell that noise was, any ideas would be great!

thanks

drive hard

jcobra

Established Member
My 01 had a rich tune and an off road x and it was sooooo loud when it would backfire. Even at low speeds it was still loud.

Roots25

Roots25
Established Member
thanks for the quick response, oh and by the way "2slow" i did pull awayfrom the rs4, after i slowed down to about 110, he pulled up and gave me a thumbs up, get your facts straight. Nice to know his $66,000 car isnt as fast as my 30,000 car ya know...eh eh ehThanks~come again!

Last edited:

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
Roots25 said:
thanks for the quick response, oh and by the way "2slow" i did pull awayfrom the rs4, after i slowed down to about 110, he pulled up and gave me a thumbs up, get your facts straight. Nice to know his $66,000 car isnt as fast as my 30,000 car ya know...eh eh ehThanks~come again!

his car doesn't cost 66,000, it costs more than that. people who buy Audis usually break them in, they don't beat the shit out of them within the first month of having it either.

even if you did race one you wouldn't of "smoked" him.

good job on beating a S4/A4 :thumbsup:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
The RS4 is a nice car no doubt, but even without a pulley, his mods should be more than adequate to walk one pretty hard. He probably has close to 100 rwtq on that thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This happened at 155 mph? On a public road? You're very lucky that a back fire is ALL you got. I hope you'll consider taking it to the track for that adrenaline rush next time. Be wise. Be safe!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Fuel cut off at 155 from factory computer = backfire... Thats what it was... mine's set to 225. :eek:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
This happened at 155 mph? On a public road? You're very lucky that a back fire is ALL you got. I hope you'll consider taking it to the track for that adrenaline rush next time. Be wise. Be safe!

+1

03yellow

Established Member
RS4 FACTS:
2006 RS4 = 4.2V8 not the old V6TT
3600lbs
420bhp at 8250 rpms witch means 340rwhp. I mean ....Really bhp :lol1:

The new RS4 is a slug. I think your correct:smoked is too easy a term to use on the RS4; "SPANKED" sounds better :burn:

2 SLOW said:
you smoked a Audi RS4? Get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Roots25 said:
Was Racing a high performance audi rs4 i wanna say it was today, needless to say i smoked him, but around 155 mph it sounded like a explosion in the rear of the car, almost like my rear windshield popped off or my spoiler flew off or something, and i have no idea what it was, i slowed down and the noise slowly quieted down and went away. No engine light, no damage, everything runs fine, i am clueless.

Is there a exhaust cut off or something when you top out, i have slp headers and off road x pipe and exhaust, upgraded a few things under the hood, just trying to figure out what the hell that noise was, any ideas would be great!

thanks

drive hard

Broke sound barrier? :shrug:

ninjaboy76

Established Member
I really don't think a modded cobra would have to much of a problem with a new RS4.

0-60 in 4.8 seconds
4.2 liter 420 HP / 317 TQ at the crank
AWD

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Ironically I just had a run in with an RS4 last night, played a little bit through town and every time was the same outcome, I'd pull 1/2 to a full car by 60mph. Pretty even from a dig but when I hit 2nd is when I started pulling. It was through town so I didn't feel like going all out. He asked if I wanted to go out of town which would have been very tempting if I not had my kid with me.

Users who are viewing this thread