extended powertrain warranty?

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
What exactly does this warranty cover?

i had an incident when I had to change the thermostat on my svtf, took it to the dealership, they wanted to charge me a 100 bucks just to look at it:xpl:

any input from people familiar with this warranty is greatly appreciated...

thanks

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I found out last month that my $600 extended warranty doesn't cover the heated seats. And it only cost me another $40 to find out!:shrug:

I wasn't aware Ford even offered an extended Powertrain warranty? I thought all Focus' had 5yr/100,000mile powertrain from the factory.

Last edited:

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
i bought mine used, the previous owner feared reliability issues with the focus so he bought the extended powertrain warranty and it transfered to me when i bought the car off of him

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I would read the fine print very carefully to find out exactly what is and isn't covered. My brother bought his SVTF used and bought the extended warranty from the dealer. He's had it in for a couple of issues and neither one was covered.

red_3616665

Established Member
The 5yr/100,000mile power train comes with all SVT Focus from the factory. It only covers transmission (non-maintenance parts, clutch not covered) axles, engine (non- maintenance parts)

I have had mine in the shop under this warranty. They replaced the driver side axel and transmission seal. You do have a 100 dollar deductable though. So be aware of that. If you bought the car used and you need it transferred into your name. Go to the dealer and have it transferred for $50.00. Make sure it is in your name before you take it in for work. They will check and if it is not in your name will charge you full price.

You can find the information on this warranty here https://www.genuineservice.com/esp/ptrndetails.do

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The 5yr/100,000mile power train comes with all SVT Focus from the factory. It only covers transmission (non-maintenance parts, clutch not covered) axles, engine (non- maintenance parts)

I have had mine in the shop under this warranty. They replaced the driver side axel and transmission seal. You do have a 100 dollar deductable though. So be aware of that. If you bought the car used and you need it transferred into your name. Go to the dealer and have it transferred for $50.00. Make sure it is in your name before you take it in for work. They will check and if it is not in your name will charge you full price.

You can find the information on this warranty here https://www.genuineservice.com/esp/ptrndetails.do

No it doesn't, It was not standard on the '02's. It was an option but it was non-transferrable for the 2002 model year.

Most '03's and I believe all '04's had the 5-100 powertrain and should be transferrable.

All warranties are different and it depends what coverage was purchased, I have 5-100 bumper to bumper (sort of) on mine but it still has plenty of items not covered, I ended up with the "one step from the top" warranty. I wish I had the top of the line coverage.

I have a $100.00 deductible on mine as well.

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
If you bought the car used and you need it transferred into your name. Go to the dealer and have it transferred for $50.00. Make sure it is in your name before you take it in for work. They will check and if it is not in your name will charge you full price.

ive talked to ford before about the warranty and they said it already transfers once u buy the car off the previous owners, u dont have to pay anything or change it to your name, its in an envelope and serves the "current owner" of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread