exterminating pits??

marcos99ws6

Established Member
I dont know if this is true or the right forum to post this. But this is what I heard from another forum. "This is about California legislation being passed to exterminate pit bulls. If it passes in California, it could be on it's way to anywhere. Someone has to try to make a difference...what if it were your pet.?"

The question is, how can we can we help??????? :shrug:

Heres a few pics I saw and the reason it made me do this

pits.jpg

pits2.gif

pits3.jpg

pits4.jpg

pits5.jpg

pits6.jpg

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
There is some jackoff here in Colorado that is trying to make it illegal to have a pit bull anywhere in public. They are an awsome animal. if I was in Cali. I would def. vote no. Good post man.

dixieboy

Established Member
they need to outlaw the breed..regardless of what you dellusional pit owners might want to think, they're a dangerous, aggressive breed when in the hands of a less than stellar owner can turn into a killer what seems to be much easier than other breeds of dogs.

70mach1

Established Member
i know that its the owner who makes them aggressive, tonight i had two roaming pitbulls run up on me, luckily i had my door already open cuz that def got my heart pumping.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
I don't know if it's just the owners. There was an incident where a woman that had 2 pitbulls along with a few other pets, she didn't raise them to be fighters or killers. They just turned on her one day and killed her in her bed. There have been numerous accounts of those dogs turning on people without them being raised to fight. That's like trying to tame a lion or tiger. You see what happened to Siegfred or Roy or whichever one it was. Pitts just have that wild instinct in them.

I thought that had already passed it in the state of Georgia, not sure how true it is, but I know that it was on the table...

stang99

dixieboy said:
they need to outlaw the breed..regardless of what you dellusional pit owners might want to think, they're a dangerous, aggressive breed when in the hands of a less than stellar owner can turn into a killer what seems to be much easier than other breeds of dogs.

In the hands of a "less than stellar owner" a knife, gun, rock, baseball bat, screwdriver, fork, hockey stick, fist, jack hammer, pencil, and car can all be dangerous and kill...they should outlaw all of these things too.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
dixieboy said:

First off, I wish we could outlaw misinformed idiots like you here, but guess what? That dosen't happen either. Have you ever spent a decent amount of time with one? Or are you just another media sheep who believes what they saw on T.V.?

The easiest way to put this is just like the gun companies said, gun's don't kill people, people kill people. Guess what? Most of the pits that have attact people are either a) trained to fight by owners, or b) they were mistreated by less then admirable owners.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
The Foe Hammer said:
I thought that had already passed it in the state of Georgia, not sure how true it is, but I know that it was on the table...
As far as i know they haven't passed it, I have one and had heard about this but didn't think anyone was really taking it seriously

snakecharmer

Established Member
The only ones that need exterminating are the jack-booted government thugs trying to have this passed. I'm not a dog person, but that law is so retarded it defies words to describe it.

benchpress450lb said:
In the hands of a "less than stellar owner" a knife, gun, rock, baseball bat, screwdriver, fork, hockey stick, fist, jack hammer, pencil, and car can all be dangerous and kill...they should outlaw all of these things too.

Thats probaly one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. None of those things have a mind of their own. I am not agreeing with him. I think pits are great dogs but thats a retarded post man.

It is bullshit that they are trying to exterminate the breed. I read somewhere that 51% of pitbulls are owned families that are poverty striken homes (ghetto, Projects) in the US and are used to for fighting. If one of your pits parents happens to be one of those dogs there is always that chance.

SRT-M4

Established Member
Just getting homeowners insurance is what is outlawing these dogs. Here in Louisiana you cannot get Homeowners insurance if you own certain types of dogs. I have a rottweiler and had to simply tell them that I dont own a dog. They never came to check so I gues that Im lucky.
Its a shame how dogs are stereotyped like that. My rott and the 3 others that I have owned have been superb family dogs. I was attacked by a cocker spaniel ( spell check??) when I was a kid. They are not on the list?
It has a lot to do with how you raise these animals and how you bring them into the family. They will treat your family as a pack. They just need to find there place in it while knowing that you are the alpha male or female.
Throwing these animals in the backyard or leaving them in a cage will make them crazy. You deserve to be bit if you want to own a dog like this and mistreat them in that manner.
Dont blame the animals for their intelligent ways. Blame the way they are trained and mistreated

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Yea... thats what they man,... the breed is like that because of the way people raise them and the dogs parents...
the dogs are a very protective breed of any family that owns it.. i dont think they should kill of the breed, just the itiots that dont take care of them and mistreat them...

maybe if anything they should make it a screening process to see who the family is and what kind of environment it will be living in... thats it...

i like the dogs, they are great animals, and i wouldnt mind having one

stang99

CompOrangeHatch said:
Thats probaly one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. None of those things have a mind of their own. I am not agreeing with him. I think pits are great dogs but thats a retarded post man.

It is bullshit that they are trying to exterminate the breed. I read somewhere that 51% of pitbulls are owned families that are poverty striken homes (ghetto, Projects) in the US and are used to for fighting. If one of your pits parents happens to be one of those dogs there is always that chance.

Pits have not been bread to attack people so its not going to be in its gene's too attack humans. Even if you happen to get a dog from a "fighting" gene pool its not going to be genetically programmed to attack humans. If that were the case all of the sporting/hunting breeds, the ones that hunt other animals, would be attacking people...no?

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
The Foe Hammer said:
I don't know if it's just the owners. There was an incident where a woman that had 2 pitbulls along with a few other pets, she didn't raise them to be fighters or killers. They just turned on her one day and killed her in her bed. There have been numerous accounts of those dogs turning on people without them being raised to fight. That's like trying to tame a lion or tiger. You see what happened to Siegfred or Roy or whichever one it was. Pitts just have that wild instinct in them.

I doubt she got the pitbulls at the youngest age you can own them. I bet the previous owner messed with the dogs. Anyways its almost always the owners fault on these dog attacks. The owners just ruin them. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread