Extreme Differential Cover Brace....

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
What's the deal on installing this thing? I heard you have to drop the entire IRS. This is far too complicated for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
What's the deal on installing this thing? I heard you have to drop the entire IRS. This is far too complicated for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Good question.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
What's the deal on installing this thing? I heard you have to drop the entire IRS. This is far too complicated for me.

you heard wrong :)

it's very easy....simply botttom-tap the holes (tap is supplied with the brace) and bolt it on!

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
you heard wrong :)

it's very easy....simply botttom-tap the holes (tap is supplied with the brace) and bolt it on!

Pretty much. You can do this with the diff still in the car or you can take the carrier out and do it. I did mine with the carrier out. Some of the beta testers did the same and others did it with the carrier still in the car. In the car is trickier due to clearance issues (especially in properly torqing down the fasteners).

MJ

dougwg

Established Member
Nope!...

and believe me.... if there had been, you would have heard right here on SVTPerformance.com

The Zone-5 performance/BilletFow IRS Brace is an inexpencive, easy to install mod that WORKS GREAT!

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I've had no problems with mine what so ever, but, it's still in the box, so I'm not the best one to ask.. :)

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
Nope!...

and believe me.... if there had been, you would have heard right here on SVTPerformance.com

The Zone-5 performance/BilletFow IRS Brace is an inexpencive, easy to install mod that WORKS GREAT!

Thanks, I saw your thread on the new casting you're working on. Since my brace is still in the box, I was debating whether to go ahead with the install or wait for your new cover. (I would have had it on in April if it had come a couple of weeks earlier when I had the cover off for tapping holes for cooling and temp sensing) I've been too lazy/busy (your choice) to install it since then. Sounds like I should go ahead with the install next time I'm under there.

--Mike

bfoley

Established Member
Originally posted by '03 Sonic Blue
What's the word from the test program. Have there been any diff cover failures since installation. How many launches are on them?

I have had about 40 passes, hard passes on mine and haven't had any problems at all. My average launch is around 5500 - 6500 rpm dumps. Seems like a good solid piece to me.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I said yes, but was waiting for it to get fully worked out. Plus I don't have the time to put it in yet....

How about a final picture?

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
Sounds like what I've been waiting for. If this is a full cover put me down as YES Dont want no bolt on brace or bra :-D

Users who are viewing this thread