F/S 03 Black vert $13999 CHEAP!!!!!

SVT-5.4L

Established Member
I still have cash, I am just not too crazy about the whole engine tick thing.. 12.5 Is alot of money to chance on something like that. Not to mention the whole salvage title deal.

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
That is up to you

That is totally your choice.No one is going to make you buy it.But hence the cheap price.Might be something simple or not so.Drive it as is and enjoy the summer.And its not salvage,its rebuilt,big difference.:beer:

Chewy

Established Member
Might be something simple or not so.Drive it as is and enjoy the summer.
Are you willing to have the problem diagnosed at @ Ford dealer prior to sale? That way the buyer is aware of the cost to correct it. There could be a huge difference in repair costs between a head tick and an short block tick or anything else. Not asking for a teardown, just a mechanic that is fluent with these cars giving thought to the severity of the problem.

And its not salvage,its rebuilt,big difference.

Not really, other than this car was once a issued a salvage title and after it got repaired qualified for a rebuilt one.

Also, since removing many of the mods, have you redynoed it? The tune could be way off and cause more engine problems for the potential/new buyer.

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
Buyers expence

At the buyers expence.I'm not wanting to fool with it or put anymore $into it
Losing enough already..

And it is a big diff btween salvage/rebuilt.Salvage is not road worthy,rebuilt is and can be titled as anyother auto.That to me is a big difference.

Last edited:

SVT-5.4L

Established Member
Losing enough already..

And it is a big diff btween salvage/rebuilt.Salvage is not road worthy,rebuilt is and can be titled as anyother auto.That to me is a big difference.

That might how it be in KY but in OH, a salvage title is the same as a rebuilt title.

Again, 12.5 is a lot of money for anyone, not just myself, to put in a car that might be more trouble than whats it worth. It probably would be best to take it somewhere to have them diagnose the problem for sure. I am sure you would get your money back from the sale of the car.

Im not trying to piss in your thread or anything. Just throwing my .02 in.
:beer:

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
salvage vs rebuilt

That might how it be in KY but in OH, a salvage title is the same as a rebuilt title.

Again, 12.5 is a lot of money for anyone, not just myself, to put in a car that might be more trouble than whats it worth. It probably would be best to take it somewhere to have them diagnose the problem for sure. I am sure you would get your money back from the sale of the car.

Im not trying to piss in your thread or anything. Just throwing my .02 in.
:beer:

No salvage is not the same.SALVAGE IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE DRIVEN ON ANY PUBLIC ROAD OR LICENCED.
If your not interested go find a cheaper one.My .02

Chewy

Established Member
Losing enough already..

Does that mean it needs a tune too?

Does the car need an alignment?

Is the car still titled in the prior owner's name?

Last edited:

bacramer

Established Member
Ive been looking at this thread the last few days now-i agree with whoever said something about at least diagnosing what the problem is so i'd know (or whoever) what i was getting into-(esp being far away and being a chick who doesn't know how to fix engine problems). Thats entirely up to you of course but it looks like the car's been up here for a bit and it might be a little more influential to potential buyers is all. :)

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
i think the biggest problem is the rebuild title, no bank will loan on the car. so if you dont have 12 or 13 k laying around than your screwed. i would buy the car in a min if i could get a loan for it. you want to trade some things and some cash for it. I have a 94 f100 2wd. and a vw sand rail i would do plus 5k in cash. ? i got guns and 4 wheelers also.

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
Trades

I would be interested in: a camper,boat,4 wheeler and as far as cars go maybe a foxbody coup(notch) all of less value to draw some cash for those who like you said don't have that kind of cash laying around.But I'm not allowing top retail for these trades as my car is cheap.As far as diagnosing the problem,if I do I will go ahead and fix it myself but I don't want to.I'm burned out so it is sold like it is.I checked the oil and no metal in it or the filter.Thats as far as I went.I want to sell the HE but I really don't feel like turning the wrenches,its that bad.Hope this helps and if your not willing to take a chance on the car,please by all means look elsewhere.The car is priced way fair.:beer:

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
i think the biggest problem is the rebuild title, no bank will loan on the car.

Not true at all, many banks and lending institutions will loan on a rebuilt title vehicle. I have done it many times, including one of the vehicles I own now. I financed it through 2 different sources, a bank first, then refinanced it through Capital One a few months later for a lower rate. It's true that many banks will not lend on one, but some will.

Chewy

Established Member
Does that mean it needs a tune too?

Does the car need an alignment?

Is the car still titled in the prior owner's name?

Can these questions be answered?

**Seeing that you removed many of the mods since this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...753-fs-03-black-cobra-vert-cheap-17300-a.html I'm assuming that the new owner will have to get a re-tune done?

**If the vehicle's never been aligned since the accident, how do we know that it can take one? The car was declared a Total Loss by going "off-road" and it took enough of an impact to the frame that the Air Bags deployed. That, coupled with the suspension getting ripped out can make aligning almost impossible unless more parts/frame work is done (if needed). Again, an alignment will take the guess work out of this concern.

**Banks(assuming the buyer is financing) will only issue checks to the named owner on the title. If that isn't you (because you haven't titled it in your name yet), how do you plan on overcoming this obstacle come purchase time?

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
**Banks(assuming the buyer is financing) will only issue checks to the named owner on the title. If that isn't you (because you haven't titled it in your name yet), how do you plan on overcoming this obstacle come purchase time?

That is typically true with banks, but not always. It has been my experience that it is not the case with lenders like Capital One and a few other online options either. It is another potential obstacle though.

I agree with everything else you said ....... the tune and the potential alignment issues could be costly, and are definitely something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread