F1A with 93 possible?

gimpy2011

Established Member
Like the title says, is it possible to run an F1A at say 12psi on 93 octane? Im finishing up my latest build and am trying to get a straight answer on what the limits of 93 octane are on these coyote cars. My current build is as follows:

Aluminator crate engine (11:1 cr)
Procharger stage 2 w/F1A
ID1000 injectors
JPC triple pump return style fuel system

I have no access to E85 and do not want to run race gas in the car because I drive it daily. I am not adverse to adding Meth, I actually plan to, but I keep getting differing opinions on that as well. Any input from the community would be great. :beer:

Bad Intention

Established Member
I was advised not to run more than 10 psi with my P1 on 93.

I think it is possible but timing would be very low.

Last edited:

bigriff85

Established Member
What if you had a 9.5:1 aluminator? Probably could get away with it at 12-15 psi and make around 700 on 93?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I read an artical in MM&FF mag about 5-6 years back when snow performance first came out that said 50/50 water/meth mix with 91 gas will net around 120 octane. Not sure if that is acurate but thats what they said.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Meth is very helpful but your relying on a pump. Now with that much boost on 93... what if the pump goes bad? Now your leaning out your motor with more timing added so now only bad will come of it. I know this from experience.... Destroyed my built motor. Only gained 30hp from the meth as well. The F1A with a built motor and fuel system will be good to 730ish but ANYTHING over that, Ide run race fuel for the hp number or if racing it.

Users who are viewing this thread