F1x Procharged Mach 1

I8URLS1

Established Member
Many of you I'm sure are familiar with this car

15319023_1106426179474399_8123810056157708131_n_zpsqfszc4sj.jpg

I bought the car back in August from a super nice family in Florida. The car had recently had a brand new 5.0 Stroker put in it so I left that as the foundation but changed literally everything else on the car. I picked up a set of Comp 106400 cams (not ideal for the f1x) but had originally planned to do an F1a and Todd Warren said they would work ok if degreed correctly.

To my knowledge I am the first/only person to ever put an F1x on a cog setp like this. There is another gentleman with a cobra that just fired up an F1x an a gear drive so I can't say I'm the only one to run an F1x.

I made the following changes:

Sold the D1sc kit, put a Cogged F1x setup on the car with a massive Treadstone 1245-28 intercooler and 3.5" cold side
Switched to a ported Sullivan intake with fabricated upper
Accufab 62mm tb
Switched to ARH 1 7/8" longtubes with 3" x pipe and 3" Mac catback (plan to have a customer catback built soon)
UPR Chromoly K member and A arms
Viking Double adjustable coil overs all the way around
Team Z relocated uppers and double adjustable lower control arms
Chris Neighbors build me a whole new rearend with 9" ends, 33 spline axles, Eaton Trutrac, 4.10s and braced
Switched the 3650 to a Tick Performance Level 4 T56 magnum with Ram Twin disc clutch
Holley Dominator ECU with Holley 7" touch screen dash
Custom radiator/fan setup
Added Comp 106400 cams (degreed with 5 degrees of overlap), BTR valve springs, Accufab secondary chains, cobra engineering secondary tensioner and Shelby Mike billet arms.
Replace all brake lines with stainless lines
Changed wheels to Weld V series fronts and beadlocked Vitesse rears
Added 99/01 Cobra front bumper and amber tail lights
Added a Fore fuel system with Triple 465 pumps and running Holley 160 lb injectors
Scot Rod Rivet in panels with wire tuck
Battery relocation

I am probably missing a ton of stuff as this was an entire rebuild of the car front to back with the exception of using the longblock and just making some improvements to it.

I bought the car in Florida, drove it home and ended up putting maybe 200 miles on it before deciding I wanted to do an F1a and cams. Well that quickly escalated into what you see now. I could have never done it without my buddy Nicholas Shortridge tackling the build for me and he and I having a very high level of OCD really helped with us sharing a common vision for the end result. There have been many other people involved in helping with different aspects of the build and I'm very thankful to everyone that had a hand in it.

Erik_4_zpsqz9nohhr.jpg

Gavin_2_zpsanlsvqdy.jpg

Gavin_1_zps5zhxjzz8.jpg

Gavin_4_zps3irnvwle.jpg

Gavin_3_zpsc5mdwlcx.jpg

Erik_2_zpsfe0zovit.jpg

Erik_1_zpsafw28nht.jpg

Erik_5_zpscoiyji4l.jpg

Short walk around video, my phone does the audio no real justice

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Beautiful build man!! Kinda similar to my build. Except I have a JT-trim lol. No where near the size of the F1X..

I8URLS1

Established Member
That's very little overlap actually, cams that are properly spec'd for the f1x will actually end up having more overlap than the car currently does after talking with a few cam guru's about this setup.

The car hasn't been on the dyno yet but based on the lb/hr of fuel it's using it's making some power probably in the 900-950 range. It's still just on the wastegate which vents a lot of the boost to atmosphere so it comes in very linear right now. I just hooked up the boost controller so we will start playing with closing the gate and bringing in more boost sooner and turning it up some. This setup should make 1100 no problem on the current motor. Once I build a stronger motor I will turn it up further

I8URLS1

Established Member
My fault I read that as 15 degrees for whatever reason. Isn't installing those at their 112/116 already 5 degrees?

They are installed at 108/120 which gave us 5 degrees. Duration plays a big role in overlap and the F1x needs some cams with more duration ideally but these seem to be working pretty well right now. I guess we will find out when we get it on a dyno.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Who makes that cog set up? I been thinking of going that route with my car. If you have link even better.

Call Billy Shaeffer at Procharger and tell him you want the same brackets that Jarred has on his Mach 1

coposrv

Established Member
Really clean. You have a wastegate set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I8URLS1

Established Member
Nice mach1 , were using the same cams, can't wait to hear what they sound like on that set up though.

They don't sound overly aggressive the way they are degreed. Part of it is I can't make the car idle much below 875-900 as it's just not happy. The cog drive takes a lot to drive so I'm sure that's a big reason why. You can still certainly tell it's got cams, just not as choppy as I was hoping.

Really clean. You have a wastegate set up?

Yes I do, only thing is the F1x moves so much air that even with the gate wide open I still see 20+ lbs above 7k rpm. But the boost comes in soft with about 10lbs at 5k and 12lbs at 6k with the gate wide open so it's very linear. Just hooked up the boost controller so we can start shutting the gate and bring the boost in harder. Based on a data log I pulled earlier it hit 23lbs by 7700 (I still haven't taken it to 8200) and hit 23lbs and was using enough fuel to easily be making over 1000whp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread