F250 AC fuse question

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So as some may/ may not know F250s have a “ lock” on AC if you idle.

If it’s under 32 degrees it won’t let you run ice cold AC at all. It stays at mid temp.

For any mechanics “, is there a fuse that controls this or something else? I idle for 10-12 hours a day, and regardless if it’s 29 degrees outside I want AC inside lol.

I’ve researched and researched and can’t find. A thing

Zemedici

Established Member
What years the truck?

If it’s in drive does it blow cold? Like drive but parking brake on / brakes applied?

If so just bring some wheel chocks with ya lolol

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
A/C Request

** When the customer directly inputs an A/C request into the HVAC control module, the module sends the request to the GWM over the MS-CAN . The GWM sends the request to the PCM over the HS-CAN1 .

** When an A/C request is received by the PCM , the A/C clutch relay is engaged when all of the following conditions are met:

• Excessively high or low refrigerant pressure from the A/C pressure transducer is not detected.
  • Ambient air temperature is above approximately 32.0°F (°C).
  • Engine coolant temperature conditions are within normal parameters.
  • Evaporator temperature is above approximately 33.8°F (1°C).
  • a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) condition is not present.
  • Battery state of charge conditions are within normal parameters.
  • the PCM does not detect temperatures from the Mass Airflow/Intake Air Temperature sensor that does not correlate with other temperature sensor readings at ignition ON. (Most Mass Airflow (MAF) sensors have an integrated Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor).
Compressor control and the evaporator temperature are a function of many parameters, not just a straight on/off, to avoid freezing the evaporator. The PCM monitors multiple temperature sensors for correlation including, but not limited to, AAT, CACT, CHT, ECT, IAT, IAT2, MAF, MAPT, TCB and TCIPT Parameter Identifications (PIDs) (as applicable). The PCM runs this logic after an engine off and a calibrated soak period of 6 to 8 hours. This soak period allows the Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor and the other temperature sensors to stabilize and not differ by greater than a calibrated value, typically 18ºC (32.4ºF). If a temperature sensor input is found to be reporting a temperature imbalance the PCM does not allow the A/C clutch to engage.

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
What years the truck?

If it’s in drive does it blow cold? Like drive but parking brake on / brakes applied?

If so just bring some wheel chocks with ya lolol

Once I drive about 1/2 mile it’ll blow cold like I just left site. Digital temp gauge jumped from 28 to 52 and AC kicked on

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
A/C Request

** When the customer directly inputs an A/C request into the HVAC control module, the module sends the request to the GWM over the MS-CAN . The GWM sends the request to the PCM over the HS-CAN1 .

** When an A/C request is received by the PCM , the A/C clutch relay is engaged when all of the following conditions are met:

• Excessively high or low refrigerant pressure from the A/C pressure transducer is not detected.
  • Ambient air temperature is above approximately 32.0°F (°C).
  • Engine coolant temperature conditions are within normal parameters.
  • Evaporator temperature is above approximately 33.8°F (1°C).
  • a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) condition is not present.
  • Battery state of charge conditions are within normal parameters.
  • the PCM does not detect temperatures from the Mass Airflow/Intake Air Temperature sensor that does not correlate with other temperature sensor readings at ignition ON. (Most Mass Airflow (MAF) sensors have an integrated Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor).
Compressor control and the evaporator temperature are a function of many parameters, not just a straight on/off, to avoid freezing the evaporator. The PCM monitors multiple temperature sensors for correlation including, but not limited to, AAT, CACT, CHT, ECT, IAT, IAT2, MAF, MAPT, TCB and TCIPT Parameter Identifications (PIDs) (as applicable). The PCM runs this logic after an engine off and a calibrated soak period of 6 to 8 hours. This soak period allows the Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor and the other temperature sensors to stabilize and not differ by greater than a calibrated value, typically 18ºC (32.4ºF). If a temperature sensor input is found to be reporting a temperature imbalance the PCM does not allow the A/C clutch to engage.

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair

So.. is there a bypass ?

Morgan

Established Member
Perhaps you locate the AAT and wrap it in one of those disposable hand/glove heaters.

Though that statement about an aggregate temp across numerous sensors may foil this idea.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
What the hell do you do for a living where you sit 10-12 hours a day in an idiling truck?

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
What the hell do you do for a living where you sit 10-12 hours a day in an idiling truck?

Federal emissions in the oil field.

Normal emissions test is 4 hours.

Some days I do 2.

Sometimes the engine isn’t ready so days are longer while I wait.. So I park on site, truck doesn’t move until I’m done.

Have had plenty of 17 hour days where the truck didn’t move. Just sat at idle

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Honest question, do you really need the compressor on at that temp. Adjusting the temp down and pulling outside air into the cabin doesn’t provide cool enough air?

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Honest question, do you really need the compressor on at that temp. Adjusting the temp down and pulling outside air into the cabin doesn’t provide cool enough air?

I have equipment in the truck that gets hot.. I use the AC to keep it cool essentially.

Days like today I actually had to roll down the window to cool down the equipment… and listen to a loud ass engine.

Throw in diesel regen smell too it blows sometimes

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Federal emissions in the oil field.

Normal emissions test is 4 hours.

Some days I do 2.

Sometimes the engine isn’t ready so days are longer while I wait.. So I park on site, truck doesn’t move until I’m done.

Have had plenty of 17 hour days where the truck didn’t move. Just sat at idle
10-4!
Bet the old ball cooler vents would be nice during the summer. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread