Fabulous Fords 2023

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like the Irwindale Raceway location is so much better. I remember hearing negative stories of the Knotts Berry location. I've been to a Long Beach Mustang venue (Queen Mary) but never Fabulous Fords. You Cali folks are fortunate to have so many cool venues.

How long have you been going to Fabulous Fords, Bob?

svtrayo11

Established Member
Sounds like the Irwindale Raceway location is so much better. I remember hearing negative stories of the Knotts Berry location. I've been to a Long Beach Mustang venue (Queen Mary) but never Fabulous Fords. You Cali folks are fortunate to have so many cool venues.

From my personal opinion, Knotts Berry Farm was a good venue. The snake pit, and truck pit made it seem like the cobras and lightnings were the holy grail of the car show. Irwindale is also nice, and this year they added drag racing which should make the car show better (i hope)...

01yellercobra

Established Member

Like svtrayo I preferred the Knotts area. The snake pit was nice when it started to warm up because it shade available. And there was the mall across the street so there were places to grab food. And the parking lot usually became a second car show.

I went to Fab Fords the first time in 2005. I think I showed the first time in 2006. I've only not shown once in that time because my car broke down on the way up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like svtrayo I preferred the Knotts area. The snake pit was nice when it started to warm up because it shade available. And there was the mall across the street so there were places to grab food. And the parking lot usually became a second car show.

I went to Fab Fords the first time in 2005. I think I showed the first time in 2006. I've only not shown once in that time because my car broke down on the way up.
I can see why having places to eat right across the street would be a big deal. And great parking. So you've attended 17 FFs. Wow! Sounds like Fabulous Fords was sort of a West Coast Mustang Week. This year marks Fabulous Fords' 37th year.

Have you attended any Ponies At The Pike shows in Long Beach?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Would love to go, however all my cars are illegal. So I’d go to jail pulling them off the trailer lol.
You're not registered in CA so you'd be ok. Plus, as mentioned a lot of the cars there aren't legal.
I can see why having places to eat right across the street would be a big deal. And great parking. So you've attended 17 FFs. Wow! Sounds like Fabulous Fords was sort of a West Coast Mustang Week. This year marks Fabulous Fords' 37th year.

Have you attended any Ponies At The Pike shows in Long Beach?
I did once when it was at the Queen Mary. The guy that runs it is a douche and I told my wife that as long as he runs it I won't go back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you remember what year you did Ponies At The Pike? I can't remember the exact venue I had attended at the Queen Mary, but DO remember that the guy who ran it was, as you said, a douche. LOL. Maybe it was Ponies At The Pike so I'm wondering if we were both at the same event that year. I was there promoting my business and the guy balked on everything he said he'd do. Although my wife and I enjoyed the time there, it was a business failure. No vendor table (he forgot to do it), no flyers, no vendor announcement. It was September 18th and 19th I believe, 2010. He emailed me after the event and asked if I'd come back the following year. NOPE!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you remember what year you did Ponies At The Pike? I can't remember the exact venue I had attended at the Queen Mary, but DO remember that the guy who ran it was, as you said, a douche. LOL. Maybe it was Ponies At The Pike so I'm wondering if we were both at the same event that year. I was there promoting my business and the guy balked on everything he said he'd do. Although my wife and I enjoyed the time there, it was a business failure. No vendor table (he forgot to do it), no flyers, no vendor announcement. It was September 18th and 19th I believe, 2010. He emailed me after the event and asked if I'd come back the following year. NOPE!
It would have been 2010 or 2011. It was still Mustangs at the Queen Mary when I went. I had a zinc yellow 01 Cobra at the time. They're basically the same show. I think it moved across the bay because the Queen Mary kicked them out.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
couple pics i dug up from each show just to whore

2005 queen mary (my car just a baby), and 2007 knotts. both of you are right about the guy who runs that club lol, was never a big fan

Orange Mustang Queen Mary 1.jpeg

Orange Mustang Queen Mary 4.jpeg

knotts 2007.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would have been 2010 or 2011. It was still Mustangs at the Queen Mary when I went. I had a zinc yellow 01 Cobra at the time. They're basically the same show. I think it moved across the bay because the Queen Mary kicked them out.
I stand corrected. I said 'Ponies At The Pike' (which would be across from the Queen Mary = Pike) but I remember now that it was definitely Mustangs at the Queen Mary. Funny that you were probably there at the same venue but we never met.

couple pics i dug up from each show just to whore

2005 queen mary (my car just a baby), and 2007 knotts. both of you are right about the guy who runs that club lol, was never a big fan

View attachment 1781944
Looking at that photo, I remember that walkway. We stayed at the Maya Hotel which was right near that shot. The memories are returning! While they failed to set me up as promised with a table, my wife and I did have a good time and met a few nice folks.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I miss it being at Knotts Berry, the location was perfect as was the weather. the last one I went to was Angel stadium and that was kinda disappointing, especially with how hot it was. I'm skeptical if I'd like the current location.

svtrayo11

Established Member
I miss it being at Knotts Berry, the location was perfect as was the weather. the last one I went to was Angel stadium and that was kinda disappointing, especially with how hot it was. I'm skeptical if I'd like the current location.
Give it a try this year. That's the biggest negative from Irwindale of how hot the parking lot gets, hopefully the weather cooperates this year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do remember comments from how hot the parking lot/pavement gets at Irwindale. Hope you folks get a moderate temperature for the venue.

Users who are viewing this thread