Factory Freak????

98_Undertaker

Established Member
So my 01 with 189k miles with UPR X pipe, Borla Catback, K&N FIPK and canned SCT tun just put out 317/309 corrected numbers at the wheels yesterday. Its a two drum Mustang Dyno, I had ran here once before in early February with the exact same mods and put down 333/330 in 20 degree weather and thought it was a fluke or calibration issue.

I know these motors are hand built and the cams are way out on some and dead on o others but shouldn't I be in the 290 range?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly it's probably a dyno that reads high. I would try another dyno when someone else is putting on a dyno day. I would also hit the track. That's where it really matters

98_Undertaker

Established Member
8.69 was the best 1/8th mile time I've had spinning through first. I also pulled an 03 with off road mid and catback by half a car (I have a good 200 lbs taken out of the car). Everyone else's numbers were about spot on or a little low throughout the day yesterday as well as the February event. 12 Boss 302 only put down 353/332 yesterday

I doubt I will get a chance to dyno it with the same mods again since I am putting long tubes, and a few other things on this winter.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you have the dyno sheet? What shop was it run at? I just don't see those numbers happening on a stock motor'd car, especially on a Mustang dyno.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Dyno Sheet as requested and the shop is HPT in Arden NC

There is something screwy going on with that dyno. On the 316/310 run it says the car's A/F ratio was 15.2 which I'm sure you know is dangerously lean. Also I don't see any correction factor or weather conditions on there either. Dunno otherwise, like the other guys said, put it on a dynojet or take it to the track and see what the 1/4 mile trap speed is and that should give you a good idea of the car's power

Last edited:

98_Undertaker

Established Member
Yeah I know it was lean after I saw that I adjusted the tune for more fuel but where it says power/tq on the bottom it also has "WC" for corrections

Closest 1/4 mile is Zmax or Bristol but in an 1/8th my best time was 8.69 and highest speed 82 on r888's that just spun through first both of those were with half a tank of gas with a full interior on a 95 degree day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread