Factory NAV question

boosted281

Established Member
Does the factory navigation unit have a backup camera? I was almost positive it did and i was in a friends stereo store quizzing them about an "unlock" module for it and he said that it could add 2 video in options. The other reason is because I want to lower my car and want to add a front camera for when pulling up to parking curbs. Obviously I don't have my car yet, it was built yesterday and word is it will be delivered Aug 8th. Anyways I "have" to have all my parts here when the car gets here lol! Thanks in advance guys.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Does the factory navigation unit have a backup camera? I was almost positive it did and i was in a friends stereo store quizzing them about an "unlock" module for it and he said that it could add 2 video in options. The other reason is because I want to lower my car and want to add a front camera for when pulling up to parking curbs. Obviously I don't have my car yet, it was built yesterday and word is it will be delivered Aug 8th. Anyways I "have" to have all my parts here when the car gets here lol! Thanks in advance guys.

Does not come with one.

But google "ford lock pick"

Im in the research phase myself

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
Does anyone know if a back up camera can be added on to the existing unit? Hate to say it but the ZL1 comes with a back up in the rear view mirror... :(

Zeroescence

Established Member
Does anyone know if a back up camera can be added on to the existing unit? Hate to say it but the ZL1 comes with a back up in the rear view mirror... :(

I would rather have a nice nav system option than a tiny back up camera in my rear view mirror. They put it there cause you cant see shit in a Gen 5 Camaro.

It is my understanding that they didn't offer the backup camera on the 2013 GT500 because of the spoiler.

That is what I read also. Either way, if you want it buy an aftermarket kit. I have it on the factory Raptor nav and never use it or forget its even there.

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
I would rather have a nice nav system option than a tiny back up camera in my rear view mirror. They put it there cause you cant see shit in a Gen 5 Camaro.

I agree with this 110%! If you havent been in a new camaro, sit in one for 30 seconds. Theres so little visibility they even had to make the sun vizors 1/2 hight, it looks rediculous. They don't have the backup camera in the non-zl1 cars and backing up is a nightmare, so they are not trying to be any more convenient, that is just the only option to keep you from running over small children!

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Got the lockpick from UPS today, camera later next week. I have some sort of plan, we shall see what comes out of it.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Where are most of the after market rear view cameras mounted?

In the cobras eye, J/K.:thumbsup:

Well actually...
scaled.php

phil123

Established Member
I had mine installed by a high end car stereo place I use. The software is Nav-TV. The camera mounts by the backup lights on the overhang above the rear license plate. Runs through the Nav screen and works great. Also can be used to override not being able to input location into nav when driving.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I had mine installed by a high end car stereo place I use. The software is Nav-TV. The camera mounts by the backup lights on the overhang above the rear license plate. Runs through the Nav screen and works great. Also can be used to override not being able to input location into nav when driving.

Post a picture of the camera on that lip.

Users who are viewing this thread