Factory Tires Worn Out Already????

HausCobra

Established Member
I have 4,500 miles on my 2004 cobra and my rear tires are almost bald already. No track visits, and honestly have only spun them up 2 or 3 times. Is this common. What kind of miles did u guys get on your stock f1's. Is there anyway for me to get goodyearor ford to do anything about this. Should I just say screw it and go order some 315 nitto drags.

Thanks

jshen

Established Member
12,000 on F1s

Having said that..I should have ditched them earlier. I went with BFG-kdws and love them. Much better handling on dry pavement and ten times the handling on wet surfaces. No tire noise at all and have much better tread wear life........

x14

Established Member
HausCobra said:
I have 4,500 miles on my 2004 cobra and my rear tires are almost bald already. No track visits, and honestly have only spun them up 2 or 3 times. Is this common. What kind of miles did u guys get on your stock f1's. Is there anyway for me to get goodyearor ford to do anything about this. Should I just say screw it and go order some 315 nitto drags.

You're not going to get anything out of Goodyear or Ford. They're just going to say that's normal tirewear. They're crappy tires anyways. I got rid of all 4 of mine when I got a flat.

03DOHC

Established Member
HausCobra said:
I have 4,500 miles on my 2004 cobra and my rear tires are almost bald already. No track visits, and honestly have only spun them up 2 or 3 times.
I got 27,000 miles out of mine. You were either driving very aggressively or your alignment was way off.

PDubs

Established Member
03DOHC said:
I got 27,000 miles out of mine. You were either driving very aggressively or your alignment was way off.
Agreed, as I got about 24k out of mine.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
leave the traction control on and see just how much you really were spinning your tires. just becuase they dont go ERRRRRR and kick the car sideways doesnt mean you werent spinning them.

its amazing how tire life is directly tied to the modulation of the right foot...

addicted2boost

Established Member
My F1's won't see 6000 miles. When I got my car pullied at about 5200 miles, the F1's were getting close to the wear bars. Now that I can spin them all the way through 2nd gear, I know its time for some drag radials.

TK Doom

Established Member
addicted2boost said:
Now that I can spin them all the way through 2nd gear...

On an unrelated note, did your IRS brace get rid of (any) wheel hop that you had?

When you spin through 2nd gear is that at WOT, I know you have mods, thus more power, but I can't burn out for crap due to wheel hop.

I have 8k miles on stock F1's and they have lots of wear left.

VENOM650R

Established Member
The F1s SUCK. I rotated at 6K and only got 10K out of them. Never spun them and never dragged. Those tires were loud and terrible in wet weather. I use the COBRA as a daily driver so I don't need drag radials. I got some Bridgestone Fuzion ZRi. Handle great, good in the wet, nice tread pattern, protective raised lip around edge of wheel and no road noise. Guaranteed for 40K miles. :burnout: No Goodyears on any of my cars.

spinscan

Established Member
I have 13k on mine and still plenty of tread left. I have been to the track many times as well. My next tires are going to be MT drag radials.

vipergts281

Established Member
VENOM650R said:
The F1s SUCK. I rotated at 6K and only got 10K out of them. Never spun them and never dragged. Those tires were loud and terrible in wet weather. I use the COBRA as a daily driver so I don't need drag radials. I got some Bridgestone Fuzion ZRi. Handle great, good in the wet, nice tread pattern, protective raised lip around edge of wheel and no road noise. Guaranteed for 40K miles. :burnout: No Goodyears on any of my cars.
Same here, I hate Goodyear tires and would never buy them. Hated them on my Cobra and I hated the Gatorbacks on my old GT.

Users who are viewing this thread