Fair price for built turbo Cobra?

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I'm in the market for a built turbo cobra. I am trying to fairly/accurately gauge what a fair price for fully built turbo terminator should be. Something with lower mileage. Going into this I was checking various sold cars/adds, and it seems that for a very well done car, high 20's, maybe even around 30 can happen for the great ones. Is this fair? I can see a very very small majority even commanding over 30k, something like low to mid 30's as well.

Does this sound about right?

Also, what the hell has happened to this site, there hasn't been crap in the market section for months, did everyone move on to other things ? Or have people simply fallen out of the forum/selling world.

Thanks everyone =]

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Months?? Actually lots of cars have been changing hands between fellow members recently on here as well as LOTS of new Terminator buyers who have joined the site...

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Months?? Actually lots of cars have been changing hands between fellow members recently on here as well as LOTS of new Terminator buyers who have joined the site...

I should have been more specific. Those big power cars I remember seeing pop up don't seem to be around anymore. Lots of mildly modded/stock cars. I've had more luck on facebook than I have on here! LOL.

MG0h3

Established Member
I remember seeing a few within the last couple months. Might need to go back a few pages. I believe one was upper 20s and another was low mid 30s like you stated.

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What's done to the car, the miles, condition etc will all play a role in the price you pay. Most people have migrated to selling on FB and craigslist. All I can tell you is if I am spending a boat load of cash on a turbo Cobra, I want to know every single part that's in the car in great detail. I have no plans to ever sell my car, but I keep a very detailed list.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I remember seeing a few within the last couple months. Might need to go back a few pages. I believe one was upper 20s and another was low mid 30s like you stated.

Really? I'll have to look for it, any idea on color or username?

What's done to the car, the miles, condition etc will all play a role in the price you pay. Most people have migrated to selling on FB and craigslist. All I can tell you is if I am spending a boat load of cash on a turbo Cobra, I want to know every single part that's in the car in great detail. I have no plans to ever sell my car, but I keep a very detailed list.

I absolutely agree with this, I've already had to pass on a couple because of a vague list of mods. I feel that for majorly built cobra, the owned should know EVERYTHING about it. Specs and brands of everything. Do you feel my price points are fair?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You're trying to find a needle in a big haystack and you've only had a WTB thread here for like 20 days. The vast majority of the terminators are going to be eaton or twin screw cars since the factory configuration naturally leads most to leave it in that state. A turbo terminator is a big $$$ undertaking, so trying to find a "low mile, well documented, perfectly running" example for your price range is going to take time.

If you are in a rush, better add at least 5 grand IMO and see if some owners that are lurking might pop their heads out and say hi

SVTCobra60

Established Member
You're trying to find a needle in a big haystack and you've only had a WTB thread here for like 20 days. The vast majority of the terminators are going to be eaton or twin screw cars since the factory configuration naturally leads most to leave it in that state. A turbo terminator is a big $$$ undertaking, so trying to find a "low mile, well documented, perfectly running" example for your price range is going to take time.

If you are in a rush, better add at least 5 grand IMO and see if some owners that are lurking might pop their heads out and say hi

I definitely agree with you, I wasn't expecting to find something quickly, but I still feel that there are less for sale ads going up then there was a few years ago even. Also, the big build cars seem to have drifted away as well. 5 extra grand?? So 40K... That seems crazy for a 03/04 cobra haha. I though even mid 30's was pretty crazy

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I definitely agree with you, I wasn't expecting to find something quickly, but I still feel that there are less for sale ads going up then there was a few years ago even. Also, the big build cars seem to have drifted away as well. 5 extra grand?? So 40K... That seems crazy for a 03/04 cobra haha. I though even mid 30's was pretty crazy

I thought you wrote "high 20s...maybe even 30...."

So I'm saying 35,000 would probably get a quicker bite and probably the condition/documentation/mileage you are looking for. Seems crazy, but the terminators, even stock to mildly modified are bringing stoopid money this summer. There appears to be a real frenzy for these cars

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I thought you wrote "high 20s...maybe even 30...."

So I'm saying 35,000 would probably get a quicker bite and probably the condition/documentation/mileage you are looking for. Seems crazy, but the terminators, even stock to mildly modified are bringing stoopid money this summer. There appears to be a real frenzy for these cars

"I can see a very very small majority even commanding over 30k, something like low to mid 30's as well." haha. Okay so we are on the same page! I know! lol. They seem to have shot up in price within the past year or so. Alright so 35K might be the magic number. Let's see!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
"I can see a very very small majority even commanding over 30k, something like low to mid 30's as well." haha. Okay so we are on the same page! I know! lol. They seem to have shot up in price within the past year or so. Alright so 35K might be the magic number. Let's see!

Lol

Here's your WTB thread...not exactly "same page"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ra-Willing-to-spend-30K-Show-me-what-you-have!

Might want to make a new wtb post with very clear price parameters

SVTCobra60

Established Member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm waiting for that to get knocked down far enough to make a new one. I know they don't like when you make new threads here. So I'll let it fall and make a new one!

Not if I bump it, lol. PM me if you want to start a new one and I'll just move that one to lala land.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Good luck trying to buy a serious performance car off FB. The integrity of those pages is questionable at best.
the majority of members on those various pages are idiots

Lol what do you mean by that? I'm sure there are a lot of idiots there, but where can you go that doesn't have idiots present??

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
That's a fair point....but the amount of bad info given out on those pages is astounding.

There is also 3x the amount of threads about people ripping each other off. Just look at some of the questions asked and some of the replies and you'll see there aren't a lot of true enthusiasts spending time there.

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
That's a fair point....but the amount of bad info given out on those pages is astounding.

There is also 3x the amount of threads about people ripping each other off. Just look at some of the questions asked and some of the replies and you'll see there aren't a lot of true enthusiasts spending time there.

Lol yeah I think that is more true. It's facebook and very easy access, you literally have to search for this forum to join it. You don't see me going there to ask for advice LOL

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I think even @ $35k it is still a good price for the right car. You couldn't build the car for that price even if you picked up a mint low mileage car for lets say $20k. It takes ALOT of money to build the type of car you are looking for. Now I know you never get back the money you put in it. But for a turn key turbo/auto/sra car done right that runs 8s-9s $35k is still a very good price. Too bad you do not want silver ;-)

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I think even @ $35k it is still a good price for the right car. You couldn't build the car for that price even if you picked up a mint low mileage car for lets say $20k. It takes ALOT of money to build the type of car you are looking for. Now I know you never get back the money you put in it. But for a turn key turbo/auto/sra car done right that runs 8s-9s $35k is still a very good price. Too bad you do not want silver ;-)

I absolutely agree, when you put big money into your car you take a hard hit, sadly that's just how it seems to be! Only way to get around that is to do restoration projects on specific classics haha. LOL, I'm guessing you know of a silver one -___-

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The reason you dont see good built turbo cars for sale is because most of them get parted out when sold. If you look at how much money some of us have tied up in our cars that is the only way to go or we give the cars away.

Custom turbo kit. Say about $15K (Full kit including front suspension)
th400 swap. $4k
Fuel system $2k to $3k (ID1000 are almost $1k alone)
Built SRA $3k with suspension
Big and Littles $2500

Fully built engine $15k+ (Mine is going in now)
Standalone computer $2500

So more or less you are willing to pay for the engine and turbo kit but want the car for free.
I am honestly low balling some of the pricing. You might have more than that in the engine if I include the intake. (Ported cut 01 cobra or Sullivan)

Yep it gets crazy when you keep the same car for 10+ years. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread