Fair price for built turbo Cobra?

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I bought my car last summer and during my search I only found 2 turbo cobras both in the high twenties. One was white and the owner knew how to make a for sale add don't remember where it was svtp market or craigslist...? The other was black and out east only on Craigslist.

Ur going to be looking for a while.
What are your plans with the car? Track car or street car?
If you wait long enough u will find one. But the car your looking for tends to sell really fast! So be ready.
Good luck and don't rush.
Or just have one built.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
The reason you dont see good built turbo cars for sale is because most of them get parted out when sold. If you look at how much money some of us have tied up in our cars that is the only way to go or we give the cars away.

Custom turbo kit. Say about $15K (Full kit including front suspension)
th400 swap. $4k
Fuel system $2k to $3k (ID1000 are almost $1k alone)
Built SRA $3k with suspension
Big and Littles $2500

Fully built engine $15k+ (Mine is going in now)
Standalone computer $2500

So more or less you are willing to pay for the engine and turbo kit but want the car for free.
I am honestly low balling some of the pricing. You might have more than that in the engine if I include the intake. (Ported cut 01 cobra or Sullivan)

Yep it gets crazy when you keep the same car for 10+ years. Lol

Yeah that's exactly what I assume a lot of people do. It's the only way to see more money back.

I bought my car last summer and during my search I only found 2 turbo cobras both in the high twenties. One was white and the owner knew how to make a for sale add don't remember where it was svtp market or craigslist...? The other was black and out east only on Craigslist.

Ur going to be looking for a while.
What are your plans with the car? Track car or street car?
If you wait long enough u will find one. But the car your looking for tends to sell really fast! So be ready.
Good luck and don't rush.
Or just have one built.

Yeah sadly it looks like I'll be searching for a while. Street car only basically. Maybe some rolling events.
Thank you :)

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Yeah that's exactly what I assume a lot of people do. It's the only way to see more money back.

Yeah sadly it looks like I'll be searching for a while. Street car only basically. Maybe some rolling events.
Thank you :)

Do u have ur heart set on turbo?
Cause I love my whipple 2.9. It's a great street car. I wouldn't count out a nicely modified car like mine. And those pop up once a month.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Do u have ur heart set on turbo?
Cause I love my whipple 2.9. It's a great street car. I wouldn't count out a nicely modified car like mine. And those pop up once a month.

Yeah unfortunately I'm pretty dead set on turbo haha. Nothing against the TS/Centri cars, just wanting to move into turbo at the moment!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Just wait a few months and I will sell you mine when it is done :) Just search the forums and you can find info on my car before the new rebuild. This time around its coming out a bit different and way more power and done right! It is exactly what you are looking for and I am the next state over.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Just wait a few months and I will sell you mine when it is done :) Just search the forums and you can find info on my car before the new rebuild. This time around its coming out a bit different and way more power and done right! It is exactly what you are looking for and I am the next state over.

I can definitely control myself and stay patient in order to find what I want, definitely not looking to settle! Didn't you mention it was silver though!? =[ I'll look for some more info on it right now

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I can definitely control myself and stay patient in order to find what I want, definitely not looking to settle! Didn't you mention it was silver though!? =[ I'll look for some more info on it right now

Yes its a silver Coupe. This was my forsale thread back in 2011 when I sold it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...Auto-03-Cobra-Ultimate-Street-Car!&highlight=

I recently bought it back with a melted piston and I am in the middle of a building a completely new longblock, scott rod smoothed panels, new cooling system upgrades to clean up the bay, new intake, new turbo. The car also has since got a cage, switched to an FB 4R Auto, all new suspension, new fuel system with ID1000s all E85 compatible, new electronics amongst a ton of other things.

I am in CT and have all my engine parts back from the machine shop, I just need to assemble it, but have not had much time since I was working on other car projects @ my garage. If you are really interested, let me know, this car will not disappoint when its finished but I would be willing to sell it if the price is right.

This picture was from some progress this weekend. Picked up another set of 9 thread heads. I did all brand new valve seats and guides(a must on a turbo car). New SS exhaust valves. 96-98 cams which will be degreed. Alum block fresh from the machine shop and Billet Gibtec Pistons. Sullivan Lower with an HPP upper. I have yet to decide on which turbo I was going to put on it but most like an S476 or S480.

mmbK9wL5Y2GWk6qGMnFUZQPBLcK7tdLGsXW4me75Jx4NOV4pLqeNu0W4uwjaMc_8LVkL5pHKUChWxBn40NAR2jcrtD5GGomKfZTerSPYlb5h_AIys13AvKwcMYa820nf8D1fBvwet1WLHlIhB8ALYn0vcpv17DSKLFfhYNjGj3rtfOLbR1MMW2xmOTGm270wOtFTupZZZI-8RIblk5TdqAcPCYW96gNXGQVdw33h6OqCkdT9FfQ1ur5cfhl7zWnPg_SSUIB1B8LyOLoMgISNkOUjeAuvXSPVUymuVDVKwVn2g45v0YJxBuMA1YAs27E4v6KOn1XK225NP6l8nuGJG73x0cNmzOeezWcS1NPxLYjnCPy9mKyWQ8NRHUK8-SGQ6D9NK4nKgbkrUj_B8SPpJaSxkvIKr972N4WV0EftTd599y5WdmmB2jsCM1LYphAKoqjJC_Pmkd6zUJ9a3ZQwj-2YLHRn-iHMlt7c409kW4TewbrQMBSNPhC6l4ct7hp4BwxOgNtVxULdjX5P38UGL-imfysY1pxbQ01b0GnvP1D1wxOVgZLPpSxYRsPsT3sBrfk5ogMoXkZbNBhxRXWdx9ZNbEqjg-r0=w1254-h705-no

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Yes its a silver Coupe. This was my forsale thread back in 2011 when I sold it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...Auto-03-Cobra-Ultimate-Street-Car!&highlight=

I recently bought it back with a melted piston and I am in the middle of a building a completely new longblock, scott rod smoothed panels, new cooling system upgrades to clean up the bay, new intake, new turbo. The car also has since got a cage, switched to an FB 4R Auto, all new suspension, new fuel system with ID1000s all E85 compatible, new electronics amongst a ton of other things.

I am in CT and have all my engine parts back from the machine shop, I just need to assemble it, but have not had much time since I was working on other car projects @ my garage. If you are really interested, let me know, this car will not disappoint when its finished but I would be willing to sell it if the price is right.

This picture was from some progress this weekend. Picked up another set of 9 thread heads. I did all brand new valve seats and guides(a must on a turbo car). New SS exhaust valves. 96-98 cams which will be degreed. Alum block fresh from the machine shop and Billet Gibtec Pistons. Sullivan Lower with an HPP upper. I have yet to decide on which turbo I was going to put on it but most like an S476 or S480.

mmbK9wL5Y2GWk6qGMnFUZQPBLcK7tdLGsXW4me75Jx4NOV4pLqeNu0W4uwjaMc_8LVkL5pHKUChWxBn40NAR2jcrtD5GGomKfZTerSPYlb5h_AIys13AvKwcMYa820nf8D1fBvwet1WLHlIhB8ALYn0vcpv17DSKLFfhYNjGj3rtfOLbR1MMW2xmOTGm270wOtFTupZZZI-8RIblk5TdqAcPCYW96gNXGQVdw33h6OqCkdT9FfQ1ur5cfhl7zWnPg_SSUIB1B8LyOLoMgISNkOUjeAuvXSPVUymuVDVKwVn2g45v0YJxBuMA1YAs27E4v6KOn1XK225NP6l8nuGJG73x0cNmzOeezWcS1NPxLYjnCPy9mKyWQ8NRHUK8-SGQ6D9NK4nKgbkrUj_B8SPpJaSxkvIKr972N4WV0EftTd599y5WdmmB2jsCM1LYphAKoqjJC_Pmkd6zUJ9a3ZQwj-2YLHRn-iHMlt7c409kW4TewbrQMBSNPhC6l4ct7hp4BwxOgNtVxULdjX5P38UGL-imfysY1pxbQ01b0GnvP1D1wxOVgZLPpSxYRsPsT3sBrfk5ogMoXkZbNBhxRXWdx9ZNbEqjg-r0=w1254-h705-no

I really don't see looking for a silver car, but I sadly feel that I will most likely not be finding anything anytime soon lol. I would honestly have thought that for what I'm willing to spend, there would be more people willing to sell -__-

BlownMystic1

Established Member
I think if you wait long enough, you will find the right car.

As far as price goes, thats completely up to what you feel comfortable with and can justify. In the end, it will have to be a decision based on your goals for the car and such. I have seen countless people buy a $25,000 car and then put another $15-20K in it and still not have the caliber of car that they could have bought in the beginning for $35-40K.

Unfortunately in todays world, especially on the internet where the person can hide behind a keyboard, most people just instantly bash anything priced higher than what they think it should be without actually looking at the value they are getting for their money.

Best of luck with your search!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I think if you wait long enough, you will find the right car.

As far as price goes, thats completely up to what you feel comfortable with and can justify. In the end, it will have to be a decision based on your goals for the car and such. I have seen countless people buy a $25,000 car and then put another $15-20K in it and still not have the caliber of car that they could have bought in the beginning for $35-40K.

Unfortunately in todays world, especially on the internet where the person can hide behind a keyboard, most people just instantly bash anything priced higher than what they think it should be without actually looking at the value they are getting for their money.

Best of luck with your search!

Thanks for the post :)! Yeah, the caliber of cobra you should be able to get for $35K should be pretty incredible lol

Users who are viewing this thread