Falken Azenis RT-615

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Is this a tire like the Nittos, What I mean is, WIll a 315 go on a 9inch rim and look right? Or whats the biggest you can go with these tires on a 9inch rim?

kennys2003

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I have the stock equivalent of the Falken RT-615. It is a little wider than the F1's were and grips alot better. I don't have any comparison though of the Nitto's and other DR's. I wanted a street tire that would grip and yet, still allow me to take an exit ramp on the highway at 100mph...

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I also have 615's in 275/40-17 and they are a little wider than the stock F1's. IMHO mount 315's on a larger rim. They are not as stick as a Nitto.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Much better grip than the stock Goodyears and better cornering. Don't expect them to be as stcky as the Nittos or last 15k miles.

03 DSG Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
How do the 615's compare to a BFG KD? Better or worse in the wet and dry? I've had my KD's on for the last two years and I'm about to replace them. For reference, I've never had problems in the rain with the BFG's.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
My KDs have done surprisingly well in the rain. I'm debating sticking with them or trying a cheaper but hopefully almost-as-good tire. The BFGs are something like $1100 a set, not including shipping or mount and balance. Ouch!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I've got 315-30-18 RT-615's on my vert. and so far I love them! I haven't driven it much but they seem to hook pretty good! I will get to the track within the next 3 weeks and I'll post how I did and how well they hook!

Redfire03

Established Member
They arent a great tire for the rain. If you want that get the DSD3's. I am very happy with them on my car, but I dont drive my car in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread