Farmers Insurance Anyone?

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Well me and the wife found out friday that when our auto & Home policy renewed it went up $400 a year 9%.

Never had a claim in 9 years or a wreck and they want us to pay more?? WTF. They claim this is a nation wide increase. Anyone else with farmers had this happen to them recently?

Looks like after 11 years of being with farmers its time to shop around.

Redfire03

Established Member
I have farmers and had the same issue. Luckily I have a pretty good relationship with my agent and his assistant and talked with them and they stopped the increase.

I was in the exact same situation as you 8 years, no claims, with 7 cars, home and and a umbrella policy.

Talk with you agent, they can control the pricing.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Biggest insurance head ache ever. Get rid of them. State farm ftmfw.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Safeco has been raking me through the coals lately and i will be looking as well. Massive increases for nothing.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
American Family did the same to me several years ago, more than 25% increase. Over 20 years with them, not one penny in claims. I called them and told them it took me 15 minutes to find better coverage at less than their original price. And that they could wipe themselves with their policy. They got all pissy and said I had to cancel my policy in writing, it could not be done on the phone. What I told them would only show up as a string of **** on here.

I ended up with Erie Insurance. Their prices and especially their customer service are amazing.

jesus_ralliart

Established Member
This is interesting because I have Statefarm and they recently increased mine for no reason. They claimed its a nationwide increase.

My parents went up as well. Also Statefarm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
State Farm has done nothing but lower mine over the years.

I've had Allstate for years and years, but I think it's time I shop around. I'll definitely take a look at State Farm when I do.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
This is interesting because I have Statefarm and they recently increased mine for no reason. They claimed its a nationwide increase.

My parents went up as well. Also Statefarm

state farm is losing their butts in oklahoma. im sure they will raise mine after they pay $17,000 to fix my house after all the damn tornados hail and rain we got in may.

Jefe

Established Member
Well me and the wife found out friday that when our auto & Home policy renewed it went up $400 a year 9%.

Never had a claim in 9 years or a wreck and they want us to pay more?? WTF. They claim this is a nation wide increase. Anyone else with farmers had this happen to them recently?

Looks like after 11 years of being with farmers its time to shop around.
Yep, Farmers took an increase in Arizona as well.

Look at adjusting the Dwelling coverage amount or the deductible to offset the increase. Do you have a Special Form, Protector Plus or Next Generation policy? If you don't have the Next Gen, ask your agent about getting it. Almost always lowers the rate down. Go over discounts as well. They just added retired/discharged military discounts
I have farmers and had the same issue. Luckily I have a pretty good relationship with my agent and his assistant and talked with them and they stopped the increase.
Talk with you agent, they can control the pricing.
No they cant, not without changing coverages or adding discounts.

Increases are controlled by the Company and the State Dept of Insurance

Last edited:

RFMustangGT

Established Member
State Farm here. I thought I was paying too much with having 3 vehicles, house, boat, and motorcycle. Went to Allstate, farm bureau, and progressive. Progressive wouldn't return a call, Allstate would never give me a price after trying 3 times over the phone and showing up at an office, and farm bureau said they couldn't come close to the same price. State Farm has been nothing but awesome to my family. Built a good relationship with them and now feel guilty looking around. They did a rate increase on me but its reasonable. Wouldn't want to change ever.

Users who are viewing this thread