Fastest 5.0 with a TVS blower

BMR Tech

Rebecca went 9.79 @ 140 with a stock airbox, 69mm pulley, 275 radial, stock engine, stock trans, 3.55s, longtubes, and race fuel. That day the car consistently ran in the 9.80s. It was only making 12.5psi. We had another car there set up the same way that was running 10.0s on a 72mm with airbox and then went 9.90s with the prototype 69mm pulley we took off our car and gave to him.

Back then we were trying not to make TOO MUCH power and didn't open it up with a JLT.

It's going back together this winter with a built engine and trans, and will have all the TVS optimizations I've learned over the years, bigger inlet elbow, bigger TB, JLT CAI.

The trans and engine will be nothing crazy. I'm going to use a stock converter if I can get it beefed up. The heads and cams are stock.

:rockon: Yeaaaah buddy.

JasonF1234

Established Member
Justin that 8 rib set up looks awesome. If I can save some money that will be my next piece to my car. When will it be available?

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Rebecca went 9.79 @ 140 with a stock airbox, 69mm pulley, 275 radial, stock engine, stock trans, 3.55s, longtubes, and race fuel. That day the car consistently ran in the 9.80s. It was only making 12.5psi. We had another car there set up the same way that was running 10.0s on a 72mm with airbox and then went 9.90s with the prototype 69mm pulley we took off our car and gave to him.

Back then we were trying not to make TOO MUCH power and didn't open it up with a JLT.

It's going back together this winter with a built engine and trans, and will have all the TVS optimizations I've learned over the years, bigger inlet elbow, bigger TB, JLT CAI.

The trans and engine will be nothing crazy. I'm going to use a stock converter if I can get it beefed up. The heads and cams are stock.

I want to see you guys make the first 8 second pass with a TVS on boost alone.

spdracr0

Established Member
I want to see you guys make the first 8 second pass with a TVS on boost alone.

I am game to try that if he would like to give it a shot after first of the year when teh weather breaks...

Users who are viewing this thread