Fastest 5.0 with a TVS blower

toomnymods

Established Member
Let me know about this TVS shootout. But I do not want my times posted anywhere...But I will race just about any TVS car out there..

never understood why some people race at the track if they dont want thier times shown.. it's like living in the closet wheres the fun in that?

nonliberal

Established Member
There wouldn't be any questions answered if there were a bunch of races and nobody posted their times. It would kind of defeat the purpose of seeing what the TVS cars can do. We all know they run good, how good is the question.

It would go like,
:yeah we had a shootout and a car won. :coolman:
:cool, how fast did it go? :rockon:
:that's a secret. :shrug:
:Then why bring it up? :rollseyes

nonliberal

Established Member
He bets money with his car

Then he wouldn't want to compete in a track shootout because he would be boxed in pretty close to a time. Any experienced track person would have a real good idea what he ran by looking at what he did against the other cars with known track times. I know some guys that would have his times guessed within a .10 just by watching him run against a couple other cars.

Street is a different story though.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
lol. Would you guys post up (those of you not lurking in the street race shadows. Haha) if I started a TVS reference thread where you post mods and times? I think it could be a good reference for those getting started and anyone.

Lemme know if you would reply and if I get some responses I'll start it.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
lol. Would you guys post up (those of you not lurking in the street race shadows. Haha) if I started a TVS reference thread where you post mods and times? I think it could be a good reference for those getting started and anyone.

Lemme know if you would reply and if I get some responses I'll start it.

I'd love to see this too.

JasonF1234

Established Member
I don't think there are many guys that are going to tell you how to make a TVS fly. I've been working on mine with my tuner (triangle speed shop)and a good friend, Omar for about 8 months. It takes time to get everything just so, lots of logs and changes. It's not just about changing a pulley and running 9's. I was just seeing what was out there.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Very few people run for money but so many think they have to be secret squirrel :rolleyes:

My '87 I sold ran a best 9.11@150 with a 306 and aod on pump gas. I was happy on what it ran and had no problem answering questions about the car to help others. My main competition was brand X not other Mustang owners

Right now as far as TVS cars go mine is slow. Best is 11.19@125 with a base vmp tune. Once I do some data logging I hope to see it in the 10's. That is all I'm going for

FIFTY

Established Member
I'm all for a TVS shootout, wished you guys were a little closer to Cali! As for my set up I've been 10.00@135, and the goal is 9.99 all with an 82mm! As far as I know, nobody has been 9's with that pulley

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I'm all for a TVS shootout, wished you guys were a little closer to Cali! As for my set up I've been 10.00@135, and the goal is 9.99 all with an 82mm! As far as I know, nobody has been 9's with that pulley

Was that at Atco?
Nice times.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

Auto + CORN might be the answer to your surprising time/speed on that pulley

I went 131 on the 82mm pulley on 93 octane pump, so 135 isn't impossible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread