Fays2 Watts link

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Other than getting rid of the axle bouncing all over the place on rough roads, does it do anything for the ride quality?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Down deeper in the TS thread I linked above is this picture. The Fays with the FRPP G2 girdle/cover.

P1000393.jpg

I believe the propeller bolt is turned around for taller cover clearance.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Also, anyone using the billet unit? Most of what I see is the red/blue steel.

I bought the billet unit, but have not installed it yet. The painted steel Fays are less expensive and some have questioned the alloy unit having a bolt-on end. I PM Jim Fay about the bolt-on end that is part of the Fays alloy frame. His reply was (and I am not quoting because it was quite a while back, when they first offered the lighter alloy unit), that they had zero issues in extensive testing and that the bolt mounting points in the sheet metal frame rails were a weaker points than the interlocking framework of the alloy Fays where the end bolts on.

The alloy Fays frames..........

64804-1.jpg

0033-1.jpg

The alloy unit looks like a piece of art........

R

Last edited:

NuclearPower

Established Member
Anybody in Houston running a Watts link? I'd like to compare setup and ride especially noises...

NuclearPower

Established Member
Here are some pics of my install...
HPIM2741.jpg

HPIM2737.jpg

HPIM2738.jpg

HPIM2740.jpg

Just have to get used to the noise from all the urethane bushings and the link arms moving from pivot to pivot...:rockon::beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here are some pics of my install...
HPIM2741.jpg

HPIM2737.jpg

HPIM2738.jpg

HPIM2740.jpg

Just have to get used to the noise from all the urethane bushings and the link arms moving from pivot to pivot...:rockon::beer:

Thanks for the pictures. It is nice to see the clearance for the finned cover.

For use with a taller diff. cover, like the FRPP G2 girdle, the propeller bolt needs to be turned around as shown in my post #62.

R

NuclearPower

Established Member
Thanks to CatMonkey for getting me straight on the orings. I did that adjustment yesterday and it has greatly reduced the clink noise of the arms when the load shifts from right to left or back. Still just a little bit of light clink sound every once in awhile, but not every bump like I had before.

I love the Watts link though. Every Shelby should have this from the factory and not the stupid panhard bar!!!

Users who are viewing this thread