Fear high mileage in a stock terminator?

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
So I found a terminator and im getting ready to go pick it up. Car is in great shape. Literally 9 out of 10 in and out, they are the only owners ever of the car and its stock down to the bone. Only problem is it has a little of 115k miles. I was thinking its fine since it doesnt have a big blower etc. I would only be driving it everynow and then on the weekends. Amazing shape for the mileage. Fear high mileage or can these things last?

Digital

Established Member
So I found a terminator and im getting ready to go pick it up. Car is in great shape. Literally 9 out of 10 in and out, they are the only owners ever of the car and its stock down to the bone. Only problem is it has a little of 115k miles. I was thinking its fine since it doesnt have a big blower etc. I would only be driving it everynow and then on the weekends. Amazing shape for the mileage. Fear high mileage or can these things last?
You can't hurt those motors from miles. They are like big farm diesels. Built like a brick shit house. Do the usual engine tests before you fork over cash and if it all checks out snatch it up.

NinjaBum

Established Member
I'd rather have a 1-owner high mile unmodded terminator than a 30k mile beat to hell car with 12 owners.

To me, 1-owner is way better of an indicator of shape than the mileage. It means they didn't pick it up for 19k and horsewhip it just to dump it on the market 6 months later.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I'd rather have a 1-owner high mile unmodded terminator than a 30k mile beat to hell car with 12 owners.

To me, 1-owner is way better of an indicator of shape than the mileage. It means they didn't pick it up for 19k and horsewhip it just to dump it on the market 6 months later.

Exactly. Hell, there is a member here with over 300k miles on his relatively stock '03.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would also agree with the one owner sentiment, even with that mileage. That is what I would really look for, a 1 or at most 2 owner car.

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
thats what i was also thinking. 115k with one owner is better then 60k miles that has been dogged by 10 people.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Unlike altered cars the pistons and bottom end will likely be in great shape.

However,
These are things to watch out for and some things that you can expect to fail if they have not already been replaced.

I/C pump
Electric cooling fan
FRPS(fuel rail pressure sensor)
Coils
Idlers and tensioner pulleys
Rack bushings
IRS differential bushings

Make sure the car has had regular replacement of the coolant in both engine and intercooler systems. 4or5 year old coolant turns corrosive.

Just know that any car with miles and age is going to need some TLC.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-you-post-read-terminator-faqs-hot-links.html

:beer:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
This thread is a testament to how awesome this site is. Ask a legit question, and you will receive honest, earnest answers. :beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Do a compression test if you haven't already. Check the pullies out esp. on the blower and if everything checks out do the normal maintenance like plugs and fuel filter and take it out and slowly open it up and see how she does. I would not be worried about the lower end or heads if the compression tests ok, my only concern would be the blower bearings, not sure what the service interval is on those units.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
haha god damn. thats rediculous.

There's also a couple of L drivers over 200K, one close to 300K too. Relatively stock too. I might go on this route as well. 109K miles still no major mods (pullies, port, etc.) :rockon:

And thats with a shittier motor than the Terminators lol.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Treat it like any other car before you buy. Do your homework and have it thoroughly checked.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my step dad drove my mildly modded 03 Terminator, and said it needed to be broken in.. I got it with 166 miles (dealer hold over, they had 04's on the lot already) and it has 101K miles now, about the last 60K with 2.8" pulley, RWTD tune, BBK CAI and Magnaflow catback.. and yes it still drives like a brand new car..

snakedoctor

Established Member
I've had mine since new and it has 125,000 miles on it. Still looks and runs like new. Still is the the only cobra in my town of 7,000 and is still the car that gets the most attention in my town. As long as the owner kept the maintenance up ur good to go.

mjs1012

Established Member
miles dont scare me as long as it was taken care of and not beaten to death

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
If it passes all the usual tests then it just sounds like a car that was simply driven not abused

which is always better

Users who are viewing this thread