Feedback needed for future mods

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
OK guys. I'm ready to chip/pulley the beast along with some other stuff. Tell me what you think.

1) Predator, 2.90 Non-slip and Gatorback belt and plugs.
2) H&R SS springs, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Steeda 4 bolt CC plates, Steeda Diff Bushings, MM IRS bushings, SFC from ?.
3)CDC lightbar

Now I have a question. Are the Maximum Motorsports Full length SFCs any better than the "new" Steeda Full lengths? I think they're the same width? I just want to know if there's any cutting or fabricating that goes along with the installation of either SFC, as in do I need to bend my floor, etc...

Next Q is should I get an Accufab TB with plenum.Yes or no will suffice.
Which plugs to best suit this combo in addition to mods currently in sig?
I'm also looking into getting the Steeda chrome Ultra Lite II 18x9.5s.

Any input is good input if you know what I mean. I just wanna know if I'm spending my moula wisely guys. I appreciate you reading this and anything you wanna add.

jguerrero

Established Member
I would not get the gatorback belt with the 2.90 nonslip if it is the RR version. I heard that the belt shreads pretty bad.

go with the gates belt instead.

Also, I have the NGK TR6's gapped to .035 and they are fine after about 3 months of driving.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I would do the UPR Firewall Adjuster and 3 hook quadrant, best 60 bux I have spent for a driveability mod. A shifter also helps as well.

NGK Tr6's are good bet, mine have been in for 8000 miles now gapped @ .035 no problems yet.

I have heard the RR units eat up some Gatorbacks, I run a Gates on my 2.80 RR.

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Check out RPM outlet.com. They have a page dedicated to modifying 03 Cobras. I really like the Accufab TB. I would not go with any long tube headers as you'll lose some low end torque. A list of mods fow my signature.

ALA G8R

Banned
wculver,
Check you sig. Your Accufab is a 95mm TB, not 65mm.

Regarding the benefit of the single blade TB, you will hear of very few folks who have used a single blade TB say that they are not worth the $. My throttle response is night and day different than stock. Don't know if it added any power, but it sure does feel like it did.

With the extra boost, you will need a colder plug. I recommend Denso IT20 at a minimum. You may be better off with Denso IT22.

My $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread