Feeler: 2001 Cobra Low Oil Pressure Project Make Offer Cash/Trade

blackandblue223

Established Member
Hey guys, I've got a mineral grey '01 Cobra that I can't decide if I want to sell or not. I rebuilt the motor and then recently I've had low oil pressure. As of right now the motor still runs and sounds fine but when I cut the oil filter open I did find small amounts of bearing pieces in it, so I don't want to take any chances running it more. I'd love to keep the car, but I don't really feel like going through the rebuild process again, and I'm a little tight on money, so I'm posting it up on here. If I get the right offer for cash or a trade, I might let it go. Now on to other problems with the car... The body has some damage. The driver's side wheel well and quarter panel are banged up pretty good, and the rear bumper is cracked. As far as good things go, with the exception of the driver's seat being a little worn, the interior is pretty decent, it has a bassani catted x and bassani catback, mgw short throw shifter, cold air intake of some sort, and decent tires. As far as the engine goes, like I said, there aren't any knocks yet, so hopefully it's nothing too bad. As far as the transmission goes, I have two rebuildable ones. The one that's in it is from a mach 1 and the second gear synchro is out, and the other one I have is the original one, but first and third synchros are out. You can have either one you want, or both.

Here's some pics

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

I know the pictures kind of suck, but my garage lighting is the best I can do right now. I can take some better pictures at some point if anyone wants me to. I really just can't decide if I want to keep the car or not, so I'll see if there's anybody here that would be interested in it. Just let me know what you have to offer whether it's cash or a trade. I'm open to anything. Thanks.

blackandblue223

Established Member
I don't really know what it's worth, and that might not be a bad offer, but with the kind of money I have invested in this thing, I'd rather keep it than lose it for 3 grand.

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
if the car ur selling is the one in ur sig pic no wonder the drivetrain is trashed

blackandblue223

Established Member
You're right, I totally trashed the car by doing a burnout. I'm sure you've never done one in your car. For your information I bought the car with a hurt trans and body damage. The motor is most likely hurt because i never sent the heads out after it went the first time. Yes, I know i'm a dumbass for not doing that, but don't act like i abuse my car because i did a burnout. Why do you think we own cars like this? To have fun in, and in my case occasionally run it at the track. If you're only here to be a douche then get out of my thread.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
You're right, I totally trashed the car by doing a burnout. I'm sure you've never done one in your car. For your information I bought the car with a hurt trans and body damage. The motor is most likely hurt because i never sent the heads out after it went the first time. Yes, I know i'm a dumbass for not doing that, but don't act like i abuse my car because i did a burnout. Why do you think we own cars like this? To have fun in, and in my case occasionally run it at the track. If you're only here to be a douche then get out of my thread.

i thought you text me saying the motor was fine, it was a pintched aftermarket oil ilne to ur guage?

blackandblue223

Established Member
I said the oil pressure is fine, which it is. and the motor runs just fine. By hurt i meant finding bearing pieces in the oil filter. For all i know, that could be an insignificant amount, old stuff, who knows and the bearings could be fine. I just don't want to take any chances until i open it back up and check things out, so i'm not driving it anymore.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I said the oil pressure is fine, which it is. and the motor runs just fine. By hurt i meant finding bearing pieces in the oil filter. For all i know, that could be an insignificant amount, old stuff, who knows and the bearings could be fine. I just don't want to take any chances until i open it back up and check things out, so i'm not driving it anymore.

ah ok cool. man i still want the car. cash in ur hand picked up friday :beer: I have the means and tools to make the car whole again. give it a better life.

Last edited:

blackandblue223

Established Member
My comment was also directed at gray 5.0, not you. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, i just think it's dumb that he's trying to say i hurt the car because i did a burnout in my avatar pic... Everyone does them, it's part of owning a muscle car.

blackandblue223

Established Member
Also, vettez, i've decided to keep it. I love that thing and i already have a million memories with it. It's just going to take longer than i had hoped to do it right, but where there's a will, there's a way.

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
Relax man it was a joke. I've had 5 stangs u think I havnt had my fun with them. Its a good start for a great car so no harm no foul didn't mean to offend you

blackandblue223

Established Member
I've had 5 stangs u think I havnt had my fun with them.

That's all I'm saying, there's a surprising number of people out there who try to say they haven't, and think you're an idiot if you do, which i think is downright stupid. These cars are for having fun. It's cool if you were just messing around though. No offense taken, sorry for flippin' out.

Users who are viewing this thread