Feels like the clutch is going out at only 8k miles??

chrisle7220

Established Member
Im confused as of right now. I do not drive my car hard at all, but my clutch feels totally different then it does say a month ago. Like after one hard run from about 45-120, the clutch will feel real bumpy when you press in and depress the clutch. And it feels like it engages a lot lower then before. Then i gotta wait for a few hours to get it back to normal. But now it gets bumpy from time to time even when i do not get on it. Like i will be driving, and then when i depress the clutch it feels bumpy, but then when i put it into another gear it feels normal again. Its weird and i dunno whats going on, any suggestions?

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
mine used to do this, its the clutch heating up becoming sticky. Buy a firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant and this will solve alot of your issues.

If this happens, pump your clutch a couple of times, it will get better a tad. Mine used to do that as well.

im with you, I couldnt get my stock clutch to go away, just wouldnt hold the launches on ET Streets, but it was fine on the street. Mine had 17k on it when I took it out.

Users who are viewing this thread