Fellow Svtp members in Oklahoma City i need help....

force feed

Established Member
So i brought my car up from San Antonio yesterday and when i got here it was making a squeakng noise. It seems to have gotten a little worse. I think the culprit is the tensioner pulley but im not to sure. This is my first terminator and im not real familiar with the pulley systems or really what to test. And my tools are back in SA :bash: so if any one wants to help i will be glad to pay and supply beer and food. I leave in 2 weeks back to SA and dont wanna pay to have the car shipped back if i cant find the culprit. I really dont wanna get stranded on my way back to Texas. I would really appreciate the help. I know its hard to tell from a vid but here's what it sounds like and i also dont see anything wobbling.

th_40B4AC31-891E-4967-9550-00F3E49843AB-1922-000003C6347C1F13.gif

b_dike

Established Member
Sry not from okc but the first thing I would do is take the belt off and spin each pulley to make sure they spin freely. Also check to make sure they don't wobble, but from the looks of it they seem fine.

You'll need a 1/2in breaker bar to release the tension on the belt.

2nd thing is the sound doesn't really sound too out of the norm, but like you said it's hard to tell from a vid.

Also my belt is kinda squeaky too but it usually goes away once it warms up.

force feed

Established Member
Looked at all the pulleys and nothing is wobbling, it doesnt go away after it warms up. And could a bad belt make that noise?

ctgreddy

Established Member
deff sounds like a minor belt squeal. a little trick for getting rid of belt squeal is to take a little handful of floor dry, kitty litter, something like that, and throw it in the belt. it'll kick some of it out so make sure you're not standing right over it. if it takes care of it, it's just the belt or something that got on a pulley. inspect the belt at that point for lots of cracks or anything and if it's ok then you're safe to drive it just squeaks.

force feed

Established Member
deff sounds like a minor belt squeal. a little trick for getting rid of belt squeal is to take a little handful of floor dry, kitty litter, something like that, and throw it in the belt. it'll kick some of it out so make sure you're not standing right over it. if it takes care of it, it's just the belt or something that got on a pulley. inspect the belt at that point for lots of cracks or anything and if it's ok then you're safe to drive it just squeaks.

It's annoying lol. I wanna get rid of the noise. But I drove it after that and it seems to have gotten a bit louder. But I will take the belt off and check the pullies if I gotta go buy the tools.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Im in the OKC area but am slammed until Friday after 5:00 PM. Shoot me a PM if you want some help fixing your problem!

force feed

Established Member
Huge thanks Jeremy (foofinator) to helping me out. I'm squeak free and the culprit was an idler bearing. Stand up guy and sick terminator as well

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
No problem man. I was beginning to think I had the only terminator left after living in Norman for two and a half years amongst all the pick up trucks.

Glad we fixed that issue, it went really well and we didn't even screw up once.

force feed

Established Member
No problem man. I was beginning to think I had the only terminator left after living in Norman for two and a half years amongst all the pick up trucks.

Glad we fixed that issue, it went really well and we didn't even screw up once.

Yea there sure are a lotta pick up trucks here. But crazy how smooth everything went

SVT_Troy

Established Member
If you need bearings I have a bag of extra bearings I'd sell you as I believe napa charges like 10 per bearing!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Kudos to foofinator. I am fortunate to also have some skilled svtp friends that help me out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread