Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Not at all, there is plenty to do. For example: annoying phone calls, theft, lost cellphones, juveniles runaways, domestic violence, annoying text messages, vehicles illegally parked, mental illness calls (EPP), noise complaints, dogs barking, vicious animals "Cats attacking people" (LOL), identity theft, etc, etc, etc!!!!!'

It all depends on the politics of the agency. Once again, police work (for Uniformed Officers) is more paperwork and report taking than chasing people.

You dont think that D.V. and mentally unstable persons calls are dangerous? D.V. is one of the most dangerous calls to respond to.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Not at all, there is plenty to do. For example: annoying phone calls, theft, lost cellphones, juveniles runaways, domestic violence, annoying text messages, vehicles illegally parked, mental illness calls (EPP), noise complaints, dogs barking, vicious animals "Cats attacking people" (LOL), identity theft, etc, etc, etc!!!!!'

It all depends on the politics of the agency. Once again, police work (for Uniformed Officers) is more paperwork and report taking than chasing people.

Well, since in 13 years as a Trooper, I can count on one finger how many annoying phone calls, lost cell phones, annoying text messages, noise complaints, dogs barking, or vicious animal calls I've had to answer to. Now, we do have the occassional D.V. call, lost I.D.'s, and mental persons calls, but few and far between. So I guess I will just stick with what I have said before....you attempt to elude, I will pursue you.

MotoSno963

Established Member
The police report said 160, I highly doubt a stock '02 F4i (600cc 100hp) will go 160 with a 230lb rider. Probably more like 150. The cruisers can easily do that. Albeit those are not a fair match. I ran in the mustang dozens of times, bra. That was more than a fair match when you take into consideration the radios they have.

Do you 'roid up when you work out "bra" or are you just fat and dumb?

Also our local PD has the new Caprice..thing is sick and stupid fast
( i know alot of the local cops and the guy was showing it to me )

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Not sure which cruisers you are referring to that can do 150, but I certainly know it isn't the Crown Vicky. Saying you outran one of those is like saying you outran a moped in a Yugo. Now a newer Impala or Charger would have given you a run for the money. The new Caprice, well you might as well hang it up. They are fast as hell.

This was a decade ago.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
This was a decade ago.

Even a brand new CVPI in 2001/02 wouldn't do 150+ going off a cliff. Let alone still on four wheels.

Have you ever driven one? 235 hp will not keep up with a bike. Maybe a 10 speed, maybe.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Even a brand new CVPI in 2001/02 wouldn't do 150+ going off a cliff. Let alone still on four wheels.

Have you ever driven one? 235 hp will not keep up with a bike. Maybe a 10 speed, maybe.

This...

I'm sure you guys are all familiar with this site.
MSP - Police Vehicle Evaluation
I think 2011 was the first year multiple cars got close to the 150 mark, prior to that it was the 5.7L Charger and B4C.

The LEOs I know personally have told me they don't even bother chasing bikes.

Silver03Termi

Established Member

Majority of my chases were in my 95 GT, which evens the playing field.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
This...

I'm sure you guys are all familiar with this site.
MSP - Police Vehicle Evaluation
I think 2011 was the first year multiple cars got close to the 150 mark, prior to that it was the 5.7L Charger and B4C.

The LEOs I know personally have told me they don't even bother chasing bikes.

Same with the PBSO guys around here.

FHP on the other hand, will probably chase bikes.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Call me slow again I admit. You got away but someone told. That's not getting away. Doesn't matter what the cause ie: someone telling, spotted the vehicle in the backyard, ditched the vehicle and caught walking away, partial tag and later found out. If you commit an offense, heck you run from the police and get caught and charged for that offense then you didn't get away.

I know the old CVs maxed out around 120-125 according to a few friends of mine. Even the new Kawasaki's they have will not keep up with the larger cc bikes now. The cars are faster but the bikes also evolved.

I have a 94 GT, brought it new and still have it. Granted stock it is a tad faster than the CV, it is not fast enough to lose sight of in stock form or slightly modded form. Experimented with it. If a CV ever gets within 100 feet of you, it is pretty much impossible to shake in a chase. Granted it will not out run you, possibility that you will wreck while trying to get away gives the CV the edge. They were pigs but so was the 95 GT. Remember during a chase the LE only has to keep you in sight. Once the radio is wide open the walls close in faster and faster depending on your area. Besides you were caught so your not the one percent anymore.

Not being funny but I know you didn't constantly get chased in the same 95 GT, in the same area, by the same police force, and constantly get away. My bad, you were told on.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Majority of my chases were in my 95 GT, which evens the playing field.

Majority?

If you were driving something similar it would even the field. Do you see how this works now?

I still call :bs: on your Dayton Dukes of Hazard crap.

ajking981

Established Member
we can only hope they crush the bike. don't know who was on it, don't particularly care but hopefuly the judge would crush the rider under the hand of justice as well

*edited by mod, read the rules before posting again*
Pretty sure at some point in your life you were young and dumb, and you have participated in street races. Get off your high horse.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

Pretty sure at some point in your life you were young and dumb, and you have participated in street races. Get off your high horse.

since this is not smackdown I will ignore your insult and give you a straigt up answer:

no I have not participated in a stree race, the one time I did something that might be equated to the behavior I decided at that point it was just dumb and not worth the risk.

hoping that a street racing bike gets crushed and the rider gets the book thrown at them is in no way "being a dick". if more judges would do that kind of thing we wouldn't have asshats street racing and killing people who are just minding their own business, and people doing other dumb shit like running from the cops at high speed because they don't want to pay for their stupid.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Wow, you lasted a long time on here, didn't you?

It's a shame I missed the uneditted comment.

Dragu1a

Established Member
*removed by moderator - clearly you didnt read the rules, by reposting this in the forum it is the same effect - take it to PM*

Users who are viewing this thread