Fender emblem question?

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I have my 98 in the body shop getting repaired, so I ordered new snake fender emblems. I noticed there are no studs on the back of the new emblems, only adhesive? The fenders have a hole where the emblems go, and the body shop tells me the emblems that were on the car had studs? anyone know?

Thanks
Rich

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
It shouldn't be a big deal. I replaced the emblems on my 96 and there were studs on the emblems, but my fenders did NOT have holes in them. I had to grind the stud off to tape it on. You should be able to just stick them on. The only problem I see is maybe moisture getting in the hole in the fender to the back of the tape if that's possible.

amorrow

Established Member
Simply use the supplied adhesive (original Ford emblems should use double-sided tape with a blue backing) and you'll be fine. And take a couple seconds to give the stud holes in your fenders a quick glance, just to be certain no paint has chipped or worn away...you don't want any rust showing up in the future.

FWIW, my old '98 V6 had a single hole in each fender made for the "running horse" emblem, but I'm not sure if my Cobra has these, as I've never removed the original emblems.

Last edited:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
FWIW, my old '98 V6 had a single hole in each fender made for the "running horse" emblem, but I'm not sure if my Cobra has these, as I've never removed the original emblems.[/QUOTE]

The fenders that were replaced on my car had holes, as do the replacements?:shrug:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I pulled original emblems off a 97 Cobra with original fenders and they were stuck on with tape and also had holes in the fenders. I have never seen the emblems with studs. I will find out withing a week or so if my 96 has studs on it.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I pulled original emblems off a 97 Cobra with original fenders and they were stuck on with tape and also had holes in the fenders. I have never seen the emblems with studs. I will find out withing a week or so if my 96 has studs on it.

Cool, Im just curious

RoadZOmbie

Established Member

+1 I also read a few years back that Ford Manufactured holes in Fenders for sidemarker lights which FORD then realized it looked like :xpl:
Also for export.

Your new emblems shoud stick on over the hole and cover it up nicely.

amorrow

Established Member
+1 I also read a few years back that Ford Manufactured holes in Fenders for sidemarker lights which FORD then realized it looked like :xpl:
Also for export.

Your new emblems shoud stick on over the hole and cover it up nicely.

OEM "running horse" emblems used on V6 and S-351 Saleen models did have studs on them, so there was use for the fender holes even though the sidemarker lights never made it to production.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread