Few Pics for Those Interested

uofipilot

Established Member
I had a few requests in the last thread for some better pictures of the new wheels and tires. I was hesitant to get these rims because I hadn't seen them on any other black car, but I love them. They look really good, and have an old-school feel to them.

Tires are Nitto NT05s, 275/40s and 315/35s. :burnout:

Tires have since been tire shined.

Stock wheels and BFG G-Force Sport 245/45/zr17s with tons of tread are for sale. Cheap. PM me.

Picture087.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg
Picture016.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Last edited:

uofipilot

Established Member
Thanks, I'll look into that tire shine. I've got a good kit now though. I think its mothers, and its a think gel that you put on with a sponge. It also doesnt sling off. I was using the spray foam for a while, and that shit would be everywhere after a five minute drive.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
You made some good choices. Those rear tires really look bad-ass ... kind of like they are daring you to try and make them slip on the pavement!

I like the combination of different wheels too. The wide ones on the rear look great. Good job. :rockon::banana::beer::banana::rockon:

Jefe

Established Member
Interesting you could spin them with 32psi. I think my NT05's are at 30 in the back and feel very good. I might drop it down some more though and see how they feel

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
did u apply a coat of way to the wheels yet. i read that if you do that right when you get them then they are eaiser to clean. just a thought.

LDC2335

Established Member
yea i wax mine with when i do the rest of the car. then they are easy to wipe off every few days

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
my wheels suck to keep clean. i had a set of cobra r's and i miss just wiping them and walking away. my new wheels take forever to clean. nice car and nice wheels man.

uofipilot

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I was out of town for the weekend, and just got back on.

As far as the spin at 32, I lowered them to 28 and put a few hundred more miles on them this weekend. I feathered the clutch and stomped it, and tey hooked like crazy! I think the spin was just a combination of a little too much psi and 0 miles on the tires. And the cornering is nuts too. The car holds very well. I slide out of my seat though...crappy stock seats. =(

And you guys wax your wheels? I've never done that, but I've never had nice wheels before either. What's the deal with that? Any special process, or literally just wax them?

makriluc

Established Member
Hey uofipilot, nice looking wheels and tires.
Do you know the brand and model of those wheels? I have the same but in black but don't know the company who makes them.
I, too, will be switching to Nittos, 315//35-17 for the rear.

uofipilot

Established Member
Hey uofipilot, nice looking wheels and tires.
Do you know the brand and model of those wheels? I have the same but in black but don't know the company who makes them.
I, too, will be switching to Nittos, 315//35-17 for the rear.

It a company called OE Wheels based out of Sarasota FL. Surprisingly inexpensive. Clearly, they're not iForgeds or CCWs or anything like that, but I really like the style. They were 520 shipped to my door, and included centercaps (ok caps...i might switch to "SVT" caps), and a set of chrome lug nuts.

The tires were 900 though! :uh oh:

17" Mustang Cobra R Wheels -Anthracite-Deep Mach'd Lip-Rvts-17x9-17x10.5-SET

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Well I'm sold on these I think. Close traction to the 555R with better wear and I can get the road hazard coverage that I couldn't get with the DR's. Plus a little curb protection unlike the DR.

Users who are viewing this thread