few questions/ new owner

RedZR

Established Member
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2008 GT 500 and have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me with:

1) Although the car has only 10k miles on it, I did want to change all the fluids. I have seen several transmission fluids suggested and was planning on going with the stock stuff- any downside of doing that?

2) The car was exported to Canada for a short time and the foglamps are now functioning as day-time running lights when the car is running. I have read that the dealer can change this via their software. Could someone tell me what I specifically need to tell the dealer in case they have never done this before- i.e. "I need the ????? module reprogrammed to eliminate the DRLs from the Canadian specs"

3) Before I purchased the car I had the dealer pull a warranty history report. It showed zero problems or warranty repairs. Would their system have captured and warranty repairs at Canadian Ford dealers?

Thanks for all your help, I look forward to participating in the forum!

Dan

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Dan, from my own personal experience do not change the trans fluid, it will more than likely give you a gring when going into second when cold for the rest of the cars life. Don't change it and yes car fax would pick the Canadian stuff up.

Users who are viewing this thread