FFW Houston update

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Think I am going to head out there in a few. Seems we had a cold front come throught last night.. It went from being in the 80's yesterday to 63 degrees this morning. that combined with the world's fastest track should result in some fast times and good racing...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I thought about it, but it's just too far a drive and it looks like it might rain later on this afternoon (despite what the weather guessers predict).

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Just got home myself. Great day today but windy and cloudy. The clouds broke late. I think there are 34 trucks entered in Top Truck, mostly Lightnings. Tons of bracket racers as well. Great day all in all, looking forward to tomorrow. :rockon:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Billybong said:
Just got home myself. Great day today but windy and cloudy. The clouds broke late. I think there are 34 trucks entered in Top Truck, mostly Lightnings. Tons of bracket racers as well. Great day all in all, looking forward to tomorrow. :rockon:

What class are you running? get any runs in? times?

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
blownsvtlightning said:
What class are you running? get any runs in? times?

I'm running Top Truck and I qualified with a 13.04, so the rules say I'll dial in a 12.94. I should be able to get close to that if I could just cut a good light. :dw:

Gonna put the Mach 1 in the car show so the wife can hang out in the shade. :coolman:

Redsnk95

Established Member
We did good today, Billy made it to the 1/4's and I made it to the semi's. Had fun this weekend in Tough Truck.

Troy

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Redsnk95 said:
We did good today, Billy made it to the 1/4's and I made it to the semi's. Had fun this weekend in Tough Truck.

Troy

Good job Troy. :beer:

SVTPerformance.com representing at FFW.

I took out the #1 qualifier in Rd. 1 and loss to the enventual winner, Paul Gamino, in the quarterfinals by only .016. Great day, beautiful weather and the track was hooking, consistent 1.8's on the DR's.

TXSVT1

Established Member
Billybong said:
Good job Troy. :beer:

SVTPerformance.com representing at FFW.

I took out the #1 qualifier in Rd. 1 and loss to the enventual winner, Paul Gamino, in the quarterfinals by only .016. Great day, beautiful weather and the track was hooking, consistent 1.8's on the DR's.

You took out the #1 qualifier from jdm right. I was over there talking to him on sat and sun. He hit a 10.9 early sunday morning. Nice guy. I also saw a new set up that jdm is running it looks pretty good. I took some pics so hopefully I can scan them in a couple of days.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I wish you guys would have said who you were from the boards, so I could put a name with a face...................

Redsnk95

Established Member
I was over talking to Patrick, Blaine, and Morgan quite a bit and I'm over at PSI at least once a week. You've probably seen me there.

Troy

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Hey Mike,

Good to see you again! Thanks for the 'heads up' on the parts we spoke about and thanks for the info about PSI.

We need to issue forum name tags for everyone to wear at the events! :-D

Herb

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Herb, I agree.........Boy it was a tough weekend, but I had a great time talking with all the guys and gals. Old Blue is at PSI now for a little T&T of its own......got to throw some more go fast goodies on it.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
TXSVT1 said:
You took out the #1 qualifier from jdm right. I was over there talking to him on sat and sun. He hit a 10.9 early sunday morning. Nice guy. I also saw a new set up that jdm is running it looks pretty good. I took some pics so hopefully I can scan them in a couple of days.

He must've been sleeping at the tree because I shaved off alot of ET on that pass. In the second round Andre Terranova redlighted against me. Paul treed me in the third round because I ran 12.942 on my 12.94. My reaction times were pitiful but a little racing luck sure is nice. :burnout:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I went out first round with a .152 reaction time. Truck was turdish slow on Friday due to the humidity, then saturdays headwind played hell on qualifying. So I went with a 13.08 @ 96. Put my dial in at a 12.98, but I went 12.91 breakout at 100. That would've been 12.7-12.8 pass judging by incrementals. Wish the weather/truck would've been more consistent.

25460-273-20332.jpg

Last edited:

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
I went out first round with a .152 reaction time. Truck was turdish slow on Friday due to the humidity, then saturdays headwind played hell on qualifying. So I went with a 13.08 @ 96. Put my dial in at a 12.98, but I went 12.91 breakout at 100. That would've been 12.7-12.8 pass judging by incrementals. Wish the weather/truck would've been more consistent.

25460-273-20332.jpg

I got to talk to you alot. It was nice meeting you. Better luck in Ennis in September. :beer:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
The weather really seemed to play hell with most of the racers. Friday was humid and overcast, Saturday was cool, but still humid, but still overcast with headwinds gusting to 20-30 MPH. Sunday brought dry air and lots of sun and the wind died down and pretty much revesed direction for a slight tailwind. Many redlights due to the stickier pad and many breakouts - a bunch of them doubles!

Herb

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Billybong said:
I got to talk to you alot. It was nice meeting you. Better luck in Ennis in September. :beer:

Yes it was nice talking with you, and it looks like you did pretty good. I won't make Ennis, I'm going to L fest the following week.

Users who are viewing this thread