FGT - Then vs. Now

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I love both. Thought the video was going to show both doing a couple good pulls. I love the 17 sounds exotic and the 05 sounds like it wants to eat babies. Have to evolve with the times.

blk02edge

Established Member
I love them all, original to 2017 but I would take a superformance mk2 over any of them

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Which class? Isn't in a class with a NA V8 vette, Turbo V8 Ferrari and one other that escapes me right now.

The cars running forced induction are limited by engine size, I want to say they can't be bigger than a 4.5L but I'm probably wrong. I do believe Ford did testing with the 5.0 coyote and didn't get the performance they wanted, but I could also be pulling that out of my ass.

Either way, the 3.5 EB was indeed chosen because it fit within the class rules they were going for. I'm sure its also partly marketing as well, following the old "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I dont care what supercar is out on the road right now, the P1 for me is the best sound currently. Only other thing that makes me that excited is the gt-40 or any bb offshore.

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol, you would take a kit car over a 06 Ford GT or 17 Ford GT? What are you smoking??? :lol:

1: superformance isnt a kit car
2: yes, the 1966 is a much nicer looking car than an 05/06
3: much cheaper
4: the higher the price of a car the less fun it is to drive imo due to worrying about any little scratch
5: I admire the 17 but it's automatic and too expensive (even if I had treynor money)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The cars running forced induction are limited by engine size, I want to say they can't be bigger than a 4.5L but I'm probably wrong. I do believe Ford did testing with the 5.0 coyote and didn't get the performance they wanted, but I could also be pulling that out of my ass.

Either way, the 3.5 EB was indeed chosen because it fit within the class rules they were going for. I'm sure its also partly marketing as well, following the old "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality.

4.0 limit.

The class favors (or at least used to favor) smaller turbo engines.

The car was built around the size of this engine, I don't think a Coyote would have fit. It was really cool watching the FGT walk away from the other cars on the straights at Le Mans, especially considering it was so handicapped on power. This is a very slick car.

Risi_Ford_20160618__V1D1249.jpg

It's not hard to see the aerodynamic advantage when you look at them head on.

Users who are viewing this thread