FI-boost vs timing Q

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
My car is 2013 GT auto. Bought Paxton, but haven't installed yet. What's better for stock bottom end...little more boost and less timing to achieve HP goal or vice versa? Ideally my goal for stock bottom end is 600-650whp. I only have one e85 station locally therefore that's out of question for DD use. I will be getting it dyno tune so this question is for my knowledge. From my reading, pure power related failures I've seen have been in the upper 700s to 800 range on a solid tune, correct? I do not plan to push those limits btw.

Shaun@AED

I prefer less boost and more timing with more fuel system than you need by at least 20%.
Conservative tuning followed by dialing in the rest of the setup before adding more power.

You can always add more boost via pulley swap.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Guy who will be dyno tuning it recommended BAP and 60lb siemen injectors. I told him I was shooting for 600whp. I was planing on using stock pulley and go from there, but from what I've seen. My goal should be achieved on stock pulley. This was a question out of curiosity...I want to be reliable/coservative as possible at those numbers.
Thanks Shaun for chiming in.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
A good tuner, such as Shaun, should know this and should set your car up for your needs within the capabilities of your vehicle. Who is tuning it? What parts do you have currently?

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Bob kurgan will be dyno tuning it. Currently have Paxton, JLT cai, off road x, andvortech BAP. Haven't bought injectors yet, but he recommended 60# Siemens.

Users who are viewing this thread