Finally back in a Mustang.... a 69

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
Been wanting to get back into a Mustang every since the turbo car and the Mach 1 went away. Well, I bought a 69! 302 auto Coupe. Has it shares of issues for sure, but under the car was very solid. Pretty much looks like an 8 year old painted it and worked on just about anything, but a lot of these issues, I can fix pretty cheap and easily and make it into my own. Kind of crazy all the thumbs up and people asking to take pics of the car. Its really not that nice, Id call it fair.

Brother and me
IMG_4173_zpsqrmqyuxv.jpg

IMG_4172_zpsnw6uxnco.jpg

IMG_4168_zpscfpipubh.jpg

IMG_4164_zpsyzvgvhzt.jpg

Yeah, its that bad, lol
IMG_4162_zpsb7likovq.jpg

Be a process, but in the end, I think it will pay off :) No ****ing turbos for this car, lol

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a hard time adjusting to 69 and 70 coupes, but I'll see a good one from time to time.

Good luck, and Jesus...it looks like you saved that one just in time.. that interior makes me want to light it on fire.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The interior - you'd be better off yanking the seats and putting milk crates in there to sit on, lol.

Best of luck though, you saved it just in time!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm looking forward to one day seeing the complete transformation. Good Lord that interior is pretty wild. Even the steering column is upholstered. But you'll fix it in due time. Best of luck with it. And thanks for rescuing it! :thumbsup:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good on you for saving it. That interior blech. Mach clone in the future? Keep us posted. I remember seeing your turbo fox at kil kare years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
Gesh, I got my work cut out for me. I have to touch EVERYTHING, I swear everything needs fixed, adjusted or just plain un-****ed. so many factory plugs are just cut and spliced. Everything is total half ass. Sigh......

Got a lot of the "Groovy" Out. Think I am going to convert the back seat to a 94 up stlye. Should be able to do that for cheap.
IMG_4190_zps12dsqdyf.jpg

Took the fan shroud off. LOL's all around. My favorite part is the postive wire off the battery was in the alternator blades. Almost cut down to the wire.....
IMG_4182_zpsdwvarqeq.jpg

Got a lot of the interior apart. I have some 96 cloth seats, just going to use them for the time being until I can get a complete 94+ seat setup in it in black. Ordered some black TMI panels. Should help a lot.
IMG_4188_zpsmalbcrbj.jpg

I guess it had dual 12's at some point. Had a LOT of speaker wire stuff in it. Funny part, is almost all the bare electric connections are not taped. But the radio wire stuff was "preserved" with an entire roll of tape. I pulled it all out.
IMG_4189_zpsfnbu8avo.jpg

Found a For Sale sign in the passenger window (Its off track), maybe its a sign from above....
Under the "Groovy" was a blue dash pad that pretty cracked. Since I have so much to fix, Im just going to Vinyl paint everything black. In the future, Ill order a new dash pad. Like the hole they made where AC vents would be? I thought it came with a radio, nope, it was a EQ.
IMG_4192_zpsjdtxeagw.jpg

Last edited:

SirShaun

Established Member
That interior was plush as hell. Dynomat that mother fugga, and rhino line it. Carpet is over rated.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Man I miss your vids you used to make racing your turbo fox against everything(even your brothers...I think... insanely fast turbo fox). I remember you had a lot of bad luck in a row with it, they do get to you eventually.

I may of missed it but what are the drivetrain plans for the car?

BTW, good see you back in a Mustang. I haven't seen you post since way back in the turbomustangs.com days.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
People love an old Mustang, that explains the thumbs up you get. I daily drive my 65 coupe and I get the thumbs up often. Congrats on the buy, looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you but I'm sure you'll do her right. Have fun.

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
Man I miss your vids you used to make racing your turbo fox against everything(even your brothers...I think... insanely fast turbo fox). I remember you had a lot of bad luck in a row with it, they do get to you eventually.

I may of missed it but what are the drivetrain plans for the car?

BTW, good see you back in a Mustang. I haven't seen you post since way back in the turbomustangs.com days.

What, you mean these old vids ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1urIWuynI1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhXmrH93sbA&index=22

Fixing things every other week is what prompted me to get rid of it. Worse part was, the Mach 1 lasted like a month.....

Not sure yet driveline wise. Considering everything. 302/351/LSx. Who knows. I do plan on leaving it as an automatic. This year, is just get it safe enough to drive around and work on all the little issues. Figure I just make this my progress thread :coolman:

jleews6

Established Member
Looks like a good start to a nice car. I would do a fastback conversion.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Do you think your Mustang had a vinyl top? I was just looking at the border around the rear window, and I don't recall seeing that before.

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
So in today's episode of whats ****ed up.......

So I got the hood off so that I could look at the hood hinges to see whats wrong. Can anyone guess based on the pic? Other side, the same.
IMG_4193_zpsyxztphjn.jpg

They had just used some cheap washers to hold it from the inner fender side. No wonder the hood dont work for a piss...... Going to make a plate that will attach from the inner side and have it "sandwich" all together. Best I can think of for the time being.

No pics, but rewired the alternator. Had radio fuses in it (WTF). Started to work on the Dizzy and coil wiring. Need to pull off that remote oil filter setup so I can get to some of the wiring (Will NOT be going back on). After that, need to look into the headlight wiring. I also have most of "groovy" pulled. Need to get a replacement rear tray and come up with some rear seats. Going to try and find some 94-04 rear seats and make that work.

Once my first order of parts come in, can do some other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread