Finally bit the bullet, Th400 time!!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well after wanting to go auto for a while and dealing with t56 troubles I finally pulled it and sold it. I already have a complete TH400 swap lined up that I will be picking up on sunday. I'll update this as much as I can along the way.

Anybody with an auto car have a preference on shifter location? Im really at a toss up of stock location vs the custom setups by the cup holders.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'm in the middle of having a th400 built. I'm going to mount the shifter where the cup holders are, I personally don't like the look of the shifter that far forward. I'll just get those plates from whoever the guy is that's making them now.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'm in the middle of having a th400 built. I'm going to mount the shifter where the cup holders are, I personally don't like the look of the shifter that far forward. I'll just get those plates from whoever the guy is that's making them now.

Yea a93cobra on corral makes them now. I'm thinking that's the route I'm going. Leaving on the trans brake while reaching that far up might not be so easy.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
My 4r70
311D4A35-C24A-4D55-9312-B3BFDB1D1556-1546-00000189372D3C45_zps1615f70c.jpg

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I have a 4r70w with an OEM shifter in the factory location. I have considered doing something with a shifter in the cupholder location, but the old shifter hole just doesn't look right to me with a gauge or two in it. The rest looks awesome though. My transbrake button is the OEM O/D off button. It's very easy to reach.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I bought the plates for the cup holder location so I'll see how I like it. Ordering the crossover from hellion Monday so hopefully I'll have the trans in the next couple weeks. Not much motivation with single digit temps and snow.

boosted4v

Established Member
ur going to love it where the cup holders were I have a quarter stick pistol grip and looks like its suppose to be there I used the stock shifter location with a bracket and put tranny temp and oil pressure guage there

itSSlow98

Established Member
Looks great! I have the carbon fiber plates from Bubba(a93cobra) sitting in my garage. I might install the shifter and all this weekend if it warms up.

itSSlow98

Established Member
The hellion crossover pipe for the auto, ARP flexplate bolts, and 1350 style driveshaft flange came today. ARP converter bolts will be here tomorrow and I picked up the John Deere Hy-Gard trans fluid that Ill be using today. Trailering the car down the shop this weekend and it will be installed monday. I'll update after I get it back!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Got the console trimmed up and installed today. I think its going to look great in the car. I plan on putting the stock 10th annoiversary shift boot around the shifter.
7DFF57D3-0D0D-4658-83DA-CA1EE4C1A308_zpszbahjk3r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

itSSlow98

Established Member
Not really anyone following this but it's all in the car now. Just have to touch up the tune for the speedo to work and it'll go on the dyno tomorrow most likely just to verify the tune.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Not really anyone following this but it's all in the car now. Just have to touch up the tune for the speedo to work and it'll go on the dyno tomorrow most likely just to verify the tune.
I'm following this! Mine is going in in 2-3 weeks, getting ready for tx2k14. Who made your driveshaft and how much did it cost? What did you do for the speedo? I bought a reluctor to be pressed on the output shaft and will run the GM sensor and connector. Thanks

EDIT: Do I need to order a 1350 yoke to measure for the driveshaft length properly? Who did you get yours from? Part number?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread