Finally bit the bullet, Th400 time!!

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'm following this! Mine is going in in 2-3 weeks, getting ready for tx2k14. Who made your driveshaft and how much did it cost? What did you do for the speedo? I bought a reluctor to be pressed on the output shaft and will run the GM sensor and connector. Thanks

EDIT: Do I need to order a 1350 yoke to measure for the driveshaft length properly? Who did you get yours from? Part number?

It's a dynotech driveshaft but a local company here makes custom ones for $375. Dynotech is like $700. When I had one made for my lsx swapped notch I measured from the output shaft to the rear flange and they figured out the rest.

B205BBC3-0F57-438D-95EB-094B0B80324E_zpsuuuyarfh.jpg

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Looks killer man, I am getting pumped myself. Also got some shifter plates coming. What did you do to get the speedo to work? Everyone seems to have a different method.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Looks killer man, I am getting pumped myself. Also got some shifter plates coming. What did you do to get the speedo to work? Everyone seems to have a different method.

Well I found the write up on using the front abs and the shop did all the wiring and it's not working. They are trying to figure it out still.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Car is off the dyno it went well. Little shock after hearing the dyno numbers but I have faith that won't be an issue. Picking it up tomorrow.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well spill the details. How much power did it lose? What converter are you running also?

Made 550 on 15psi. It's hard to truly tell since it's a new engine since last time. It was 8.8:1 stock heads cams on 20psi/20* of timing and made 686/743 with the t56. Now it's 9.8-10.1 with 98 intake cams on 15psi/16 timing. I was expecting low 600s through the auto.

It's a UCC billet turbo spline 3800 stall. I think I'm still in the worry about everything phase from popping the motor prior lol.

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'd be pretty happy with those numbers at such low boost. I know I make about 30hp per lb of boost, so when you get back to 20lbs, you'll be right back there. Turn that shit up man! Best way to break a motor is put the hammer down. Let us know driving impressions after you drive it.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well I drove but home about an hour ago. I had hyped it up a lot thinking it was gonna change the car in a huge way, and it still exceeded my expectations. Turbo spools literally twice as fast and was proven so on the dyno it spooled the turbo a full 3 seconds faster then with the t56. It drove awesome although I will need a taller tire and/or gears. Couldn't be happier with the work revolution automotive did.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Well I found the write up on using the front abs and the shop did all the wiring and it's not working. They are trying to figure it out still.

I would not recommend using the front ABS sensors. Especially if you are going to run a taller tire in the back. The speedo will not read correct if the tires are spinning or when you are doing a burnout. Run it off the rear sensors.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I would not recommend using the front ABS sensors. Especially if you are going to run a taller tire in the back. The speedo will not read correct if the tires are spinning or when you are doing a burnout. Run it off the rear sensors.

I don't have sensors in the rear because of the sra swap. It works for the time being. The trans feels awesome but the shifter will take some getting used to. I might swap out the knob for one with a button on the side.

No videos for a bit because there is pure salt on the roads. Once it's a tad warmer I'll definetly have done videos up. Night and day in every way from the t56.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member

I don't have sensors in the rear because of the sra swap. It works for the time being. The trans feels awesome but the shifter will take some getting used to. I might swap out the knob for one with a button on the side.

No videos for a bit because there is pure salt on the roads. Once it's a tad warmer I'll definetly have done videos up. Night and day in every way from the t56.

I see. Well you can do the ABS sensors with the SRA as well.

Also another tidbit about that trans. I had the relucter wheel pressed onto the tail shaft for that transmission when I built it for a speedo. With that being said you just need to get the sensor installed and wired up :)

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I've been running mine off the front abs for years. I can run what ever tire size or rear gear and not worry about changing the speedometer in the tune.
It just doesnt show tire spin

itSSlow98

Established Member
Put some more miles on it today. Took my buddy for a ride and the grin on his face was priceless. New found love for the car for sure.

4.6pimp

Established Member
How does one go about using the abs for the speedo? I have a c4 and I'm almost ready to be able to drive it and was woundering about this. Is this just for the th400? OP get that thing to the track and see what she can do! Can't wait to feel turbo and auto......

itSSlow98

Established Member
How does one go about using the abs for the speedo? I have a c4 and I'm almost ready to be able to drive it and was woundering about this. Is this just for the th400? OP get that thing to the track and see what she can do! Can't wait to feel turbo and auto......

There is a write up on how to use the front abs I'll paste the link here later when I get to work. It's supposed to snow 6" here tonight so it got washed and covered this afternoon. I'll get it to the track in a couple months. My goal for this year is mid 10s in my 18" bbs wheels.

4.6pimp

Established Member
There is a write up on how to use the front abs I'll paste the link here later when I get to work. It's supposed to snow 6" here tonight so it got washed and covered this afternoon. I'll get it to the track in a couple months. My goal for this year is mid 10s in my 18" bbs wheels.

Thanks man.... I bet you meet your goal no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread