Finally bought a DSG Termi now I need help with Maintenance

Sergg

Established Member
I currently bought a 03 DSG termi with 27k miles about two weeks ago but now I feel like I need to have all the maintenance done the RIGHT way.

What do ya'll recommend for the maintenance. Should I change tranny fluids, brake fluids etc etc. I've done my research on the FAQ's page but I need to know how credible that page is and if yall agree with everything it lists (maintenance wise). Any info is helpfull so don't be scared to drop a comment. Thanks guys

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
with only 27k miles just start oil change just to have fresh, check the rear end , supercharger oil

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi Termi

No pics

and what they said

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^LOL.

My car currently has 27k miles. At the 25K mark I had the coolant flushed. I've also changed the fuel filter 3 times since 20k miles. I lost count on spark plugs. Also consider new t56 fluid if shifting isn't that smooth. The only fluids that haven't been changed yet is power steering and brake fluid.

Sergg

Established Member
Nice, Any tips or info I should know about for future reference? Throw It all at me haha

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Check out the sticky threads. This one in particular:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...OU-POST-READ-gt-TERMINATOR-FAQs-amp-HOT-LINKS

Also - within that thread - check out the encyclopedia of knowledge found at this link:
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

That will pretty much catch you up with most of the nuances and tricks related to the Terminators....

Also - don't call these cars "Termi". There will be much off topic discussion about the use of that term instead of the thread topic. :)

fireman02

Established Member
Just had mine done a few weeks ago while it was in for springs, sub frames, cc plates, and diff cover. Mine only had 18,500, but I did the following due to unknown maintenance history of my cobra.
Trans, diff, and supercharger fluids changed.
Coolant changed.
Fuel filter.
Inner belt changed.
After I bought it last fall I had new plugs put on before it was tuned. It might be a bit overkill, but I feel better knowing everything other than brakes and pwr steering is fresh and new.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Welcome! Enjoy your new found power.

and use of the word Termi pisses-off some Cobra owners. Me, I don't let it bother me.

Enjoy your new nator! ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your '03 DSG Cobra. I had an '03 DSG Cobra myself. It's my favorite color. You were fortunate to find one with pretty low miles. Enjoy it! :)

Sergg

Established Member
Thanks fellas, lol did not know that word pissed people off Im still fresh to the Terminator world. Currently i changed the oil to mobil one full synthetic along with a mobil one oil filter. Changed the fuel filter and spark plugs (ngk tr6 or tr5?) now im going to recharge the k&n intake filter. Also what do ya'll mean by check the rear and diff ?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The age on these cars will start having its impact on rubber and plastic. Check the entire car top to bottom for fluid leaks/seeps. The rear end just needs the fluid checked and changed. Inspect the cover for leaks too.

I'd change hoses, belts, and thermostats just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread