Finally Detailed the truck with Britemax

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Gripstang said:
Skrap: What did you use for your sig pic? I have never wanted a black L as much as I have latley since Ive been getting more into the detail side of this hobby.

Believe it or not, that's car wash spray wax. There's a new wash near me that has a pretty neat setup with a whole seperate foaming sprayer for a clear coat treatment, then a spray-on hot wax. It doesn't do the things rubbed on wax does for getting out flaws, but it definitely brings out what shine is hiding in there. I was amazed with how well it turned out, you can even make out my work truck in the reflection.

The angle and lightning is pretty flattering, the paint's got some crap that the dealer did that really needs worked out. I was reminded quickly just how hard it is to keep a black vehicle looking spotless with this baby.

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Take some pics for us in the sun with the sun on the paint, Im curious to see your swirls.

Like Chris said, and like I posted in numerous threads here, in the Show and Shine forum, and in the Gen 2 forum at NLOC, Britemax stuff is incredible.

Here are two pictures that I think back up the pictures Chris posted, really well.

Rightsideangle1.jpg

Rightsideangle4.jpg

And as for swirls, I didn't have a lot of time to really hit the paint, but on one sunny day a couple months back, a day sandwitched between 37 days of rain, I decided to hit the paint really quickly with Perfect Prep swirl remover.

I literally took a couple "before" pictures, pulled the PC7424 outta the garage, plugged it in, put some Perfect Prep on the pad, hit the paint for a couple minutes, wiped off the minor dusting with a quick detailer, took an "after" picture, put the PC7424 away and drove off.

I still need to find time to finish my truck.

PPLeftfenderbefore2.jpg

PPLeftFenderafter2.jpg

The after pic is far from perfect. And I'm obviously gonna hit it again, but like I said, I was itching to see how well it did on swirls (because I was flabergasted how well it worked on my oxidation) and only had a few minutes to hit the paint and take some pics.

Stewart

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Oh wow, I gotta get my hands on some of this!!!

Andre,
did you find that in europe??? Or did you order it from the U.S?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Stewart thats awesome! Thanks for posting that. Now Im just wondering if it removes the swirls or just fills them in temporarily...

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Gripstang. It removes them. It's not a filler. Would he get a reflection like that if it were just a filler?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I think so. Sorry Im so skeptical, you know how much snake oil there is in this field! :) As soon as I get a PC Ill try this stuff out.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Maybe this will help Anthony. I got my Chevy Colorado in February '05. (Last winter). The truck got FILTHY and I brought it to the carwash. Now it was covered with salt & sand. The clowns that work at the carwash proceeded to scrub the crap out of my truck with the brushes without soaking it first. The whole truck was covered with swirls, scratches, and haze marks.

Jump to May '05. I used my PC7424 and did 3 steps of the Britemax. #3 Perfect Prep, #4 BlackMax, #5 Extreme Elements, all with the proper foam pads. All the swirls and scratches were gone!!

Now, jump to May '06. 1 Year Later... All I did was wash it, and it's only seen the Britemax Spray & Shine maybe 3 times since last year. No Swirls!!! :rockon:

DSCF1869-copy.jpg

DSCF1872-copy.jpg

DSCF1870-copy.jpg

Are you still a 'non-believer'? ;-)

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
I was getting ready to buy a Zaino kit on the way my friend swears by it....but damn that looks incredible. My truck is so spiderwebbed and swirled I dunno what to do....LoL Chris your only in CT wanna come make my paint look like that ??? I know I have some deep scratches that wont come out without getting repainted, but I'd love to have no swirls and a clean black shine. Its damn near impossible to keep a Black DD swirl/scratch free.

What does this britemax kit with the porter cable thing cost ? Also how hard is the PC for a detail newbie to use ??

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Blown5pnt4 said:
Also how hard is the PC for a detail newbie to use ??

The Porter-Cable was made for guys like us. It's darn near impossible to hurt the paint with this dual action, random orbiter.

I've never once in my life used a machine on my paint until I purchased the PC7424. And you can see the results I got using it to apply the Britemax products.

Grip, I had another buddy of mine be skeptical like you, when I posted the oxidation pictures on another board. My roof still looks like the "after" picture, and it's now four months later.

Stewart

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Argh its like you guys are pushing a vette in my face or something. :) Im pretty fiercely loyal to the stuff I use but those are some pretty convincing arguements. Chris have you tried swirl removal w/o a PC? Id really like to find a product that I can use to get results by hand (even if it takes a few sessions) I put about 2-3 hours just into my bedcover (about 6 hours total into the horizontal plains) so Im not afraid of a work out. :)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Chris have you tried swirl removal w/o a PC?

It would be like washing your truck with a Q-tip. Given the patience it's possible, it just takes longer, is a lot more work, and there's an easier way with a better outcome. I've taken out scratches and small areas of swirls by hand with the 'Perfect Prep'. Last night I actually went around the truck and cleaned up areas I saw that needed help.

Have you seen a PC7424 in action?? It makes it so easy. I used to do everything by hand until I tried the PC7424. It truly is the best thing to ever happen to the home detailer. Do you know anyone that has one that you could try out?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Yeah Chris Ive tried a PC. Believe me its near the top of the list. I CANNOT believe how long I went w/o detailing my L. Its not as if I ever let it get really dirty, its just that it was never in really great shape either.

There is a mobil detailer down the street from me, Im thinkin about goin and doin some cars with him just to learn. :) I have always been a detail kinda guy, just never had much time.

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
02true blue L said:
does the stuff for the trim pieces stay wet and attract dust like armor crap?

No it doesn't, unlike many other products out there it is not silicone based, so when it is on it just makes the piece look new and when it gets wet it doesn't run off on your paint.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I sell it. :D
Seriously???
Do you apply it like a wax? how many washes do I get out of one bottle? how long does the shine usually last.. my truck gets dusty alot (I live in a desert lol) will it make the dust blow away when I start driving?

yeah alot of questions, I am just trying to find out how much I would need. I'll probably order some when I get to the states in a month.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
slvrlightning said:
No it doesn't, unlike many other products out there it is not silicone based, so when it is on it just makes the piece look new and when it gets wet it doesn't run off on your paint.

Correct. Plus it is 'Anti-Static', so unlike other treatments it doesn't collect dust.

Just remember,

Leather Max ---> Inside (Dash, doors, seat inserts, etc)
Rubber Max ----> Outside (Tires, Plastic Trim, Etc.)

I love these 2 products. Armor All type products seem to make the dash spotty while these make it shiny, soft, supple, and NOT slimy. Plus they smell nice too!

fuelonempty said:
Seriously???
Do you apply it like a wax? how many washes do I get out of one bottle? how long does the shine usually last.. my truck gets dusty alot (I live in a desert lol) will it make the dust blow away when I start driving?

yeah alot of questions, I am just trying to find out how much I would need. I'll probably order some when I get to the states in a month.

Yep, seriously. The Extreme Elements applies like a wax, but a little different. My Colorado was done a year ago and still looks fresh. Some dust will blow away, but it rinses off with ease. Check out ---> www.britemax.com All the products are there, and I have the full line. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread