Finally did the first round of mods on the V...pics and dyno sheet inside

HoustonGT

Established Member
Posted some pics of the new ride a few months back; 2011 Black Raven CTS-V, A6

Well, finally decided to drop it off and have the first round of mods done. Being in Houston, I made the most logical choice and took the car to Mike and his team down at G-Force Motorsports.

The car went in Monday morning with an Airaid intake already installed and had the following mods added:

FIC 850 Injectors
2.5" Upper Pulley
100mm Idler
Solid Isolator
Ported LSA TB
160 T-Stat
NGK Tr7IX Plugs

Got a call from Robert @ G Force this afternoon with the results...555rwhp/553rwtq:banana:. Needless to say I am extremely happy with the numbers; they ended up right about where I expected them. Now on to the first impressions...

Unfortunately it was freezing cold and raining the entire way home so I clearly did not have a chance to test out the new-found power or render the Michelin Pilot AS3's completely useless. I did, however fully enjoy a few things:

1.) The car idled and drove the same if not better than stock
2.) The Ported TB combined with the tune truly woke up the car; the throttle tip-in, delivery, and response is simply a day/night difference. All of the dead play in the gas pedal is completely gone...the best way to describe it in one word is to say it just feels "peppy" and a lot less sluggish.
3.) The shifts, even at part throttle in the pouring rain, are clearly more crisp and accurate....can't wait to throw it into sport mode and see just how it feels at WOT.

A huge thanks again to Mike and his team at G-Force; looking forward to seeing what I can pull at the track in the next few weeks. I think I'm done modding for a bit other than maybe a Borla catback for some sound (i'm probably lying to myself lol)

CTSVdyno.jpg

CTSVdynosheet.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Mike

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
very nice numbers and bad ass ctsv. too bad the weather sucks too bad to have fun on the way home. oh well at least this weekend should be nice though. :thumbsup:

nosscort

Established Member
I know its just numbers but shouldn't it be close to the 580-600rwhp area and 570-585rwtq? A buddy just got his car tuned at RPM in De and with a 10 V with intake, stock lid, ported tb and idlers along with Id 850 and 2.55 upper o. 14.6-14.7lbs on stock exhaust made 590-608rwhp and 585rwtq SAE corrected on a lc224 dynojet.

HoustonGT

Established Member
I know its just numbers but shouldn't it be close to the 580-600rwhp area and 570-585rwtq? A buddy just got his car tuned at RPM in De and with a 10 V with intake, stock lid, ported tb and idlers along with Id 850 and 2.55 upper o. 14.6-14.7lbs on stock exhaust made 590-608rwhp and 585rwtq SAE corrected on a lc224 dynojet.

Hmm, those numbers seem really high for the given mods. Then again, comparing two different dynos on two different days really doesn't tell you much. The calibration of the two dynos can lead to drastic differences in results along with the aggressiveness of the tune/timing, etc. I'm more concerned about the 1/4 mile trap speeds and ET's as they tell a better story. :burnout:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice numbers.. Be careful with the trans... I have a buddy that did the upper and lower pulleys and full exhaust with all the supporting mods.. he has had major trans issues after about a year with the setup.

Last edited:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Nice numbers OP. I will be installing an Airaid CAI and Borla exhaust on my stock 2013 A6 V this weekend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking Caddy, and nice (uncorrected) numbers. Must be a blast to drive.

ViciousJay

Established Member
congrats I plan on doing the same mods but adding a universal heat exchanger. I really wish there was an easier way of removing the pulley without removing the snout and pressing it off :(

congrats again

betiwin

Established Member
There are many people with 600rwhp+ on stock auto trans. Its when they mess with torque management and trans tune do people have issues. The trans are amazingly stout. His number seem in line as most A6 cars without a ported TB are in the 525-540 HP range with his mods.

HoustonGT

Established Member
Nice numbers OP. I will be installing an Airaid CAI and Borla exhaust on my stock 2013 A6 V this weekend.

Thanks, and enjoy the added blower whine! I'm actually looking at the Borla as well, but the full catback/midpipe that replaces the rear cats.

Nice numbers.. Be careful with the trans... I have a buddy that did the upper and lower pulleys and full exhaust with all the supporting mods.. he has had major trans issues after about a year with the setup.

From my experience and reading, the auto trans cant take much more than 600hp...so be careful

Weird, there's plenty of guys running way over 600rwhp with ZERO issues. And these are cars that see the drag strip on a regular basis.In fact, a handful in the 9's and low 10's that beat on them regularly. I think it comes down to the tune and torque management setting as these 6L80E's are pretty stout.

congrats I plan on doing the same mods but adding a universal heat exchanger. I really wish there was an easier way of removing the pulley without removing the snout and pressing it off :(

congrats again

Thanks Jay! I think a heat exchanger will be in the near future. I can't see myself dealing with the Houston summers and 100+ degree heat for long lol.

And I know what you mean about the upper; this is how I see it

1.) When and if I decide to get rid of the car in a few years, I'll simply trade someone my ported snout (by then) with 2.5 installed for their stock snout/pulley...problem solved.

2.) I know myself and doing the lower would've been a slippery slope...do a cam while you're at it, valve springs, pushrods, headers -----> DIVORCE lol

ViciousJay

Established Member
Iv'e actually kicked the idea around of staying with a stock pulley and just doing cooling modes and a tune only

ZR1 Lid
H/E
Norcal Box
Intake ( i have a cut stock airbox and Ligenfelter tube)
Tune

i think those should net or get close to a mid 11, the way these cars are now they are such beasts

i also ported my own throttle body ;-) are you on CTSVOwners.com?

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
Iv'e actually kicked the idea around of staying with a stock pulley and just doing cooling modes and a tune only

ZR1 Lid
H/E
Norcal Box
Intake ( i have a cut stock airbox and Ligenfelter tube)
Tune

i think those should net or get close to a mid 11, the way these cars are now they are such beasts

i also ported my own throttle body ;-) are you on CTSVOwners.com?

Yep, on there as HoustonSVT!

That would be in the mid 11's with a good launch. I pulled [email protected] the first time out with a crappy 60' and no practice, so high 11's stock is more accurate.

Problem is those mods will keep you happy for about a month and then you'll want more.

HoustonGT

Established Member
JUst curious what dod all your mods run you cost wise?

I bought everything brand new, so probably could've saved a good bit by browsing the forums for some better deals or installing the stuff myself. Unfortunately I'm impatient and also don't have the time with my job to wrench as much anymore :(

All in, including parts, labor and tuning I'm right at $2,400; I'm extremely happy considering I gained 100rwhp.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I bought everything brand new, so probably could've saved a good bit by browsing the forums for some better deals or installing the stuff myself. Unfortunately I'm impatient and also don't have the time with my job to wrench as much anymore :(

All in, including parts, labor and tuning I'm right at $2,400; I'm extremely happy considering I gained 100rwhp.

thats cheaper then a KB swap ha

HoustonGT

Established Member
Had a chance to put the first round of minor mods to the test (intake, upper pulley, ported tb, and tune) Friday night.
Stuggled to get a decent 60' on the all season tires out back and the new-found power, but managed to pull off the following:

60' - 1.89
1/4 ET - 11.55
1/4 MPH - 123.66

Pretty happy with the trap speed...not too shabby for a 4300lb family sedan lol. Planning to take her back out once I get a better set of tires out back and shoot for some 11.3's before the next round of mods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread