Finally done with my Alcoa project!! 10's up front, 12's out back..............

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Looks awesome man.

^^^Thanks!

Here is a quick picture I took more recently........

011-4.jpg

^^Since this photo I have lower the front Eibach coilovers by 1/2".

I have also changed from the Super Snake option "upper side scoops" in the previous pictures, to the "block-off plates", that were also an option for the Super Snake build.

R

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
^^^Thanks!

Here is a quick picture I took more recently........

011-4.jpg

^^Since this photo I have lower the front Eibach coilovers by 1/2".

I have also changed from the Super Snake option "upper side scoops" in the previous pictures, to the "block-off plates", that were also an option for the Super Snake build.

R

Any pics of the "block off plates" ?

Vinnie Swole

Established Member
After months of fitting and testing, I like 10" Alcoa's up front with 275/35 Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's and 12" Alcoa's on the rear with 325/30 Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's.

I had two main objectives with this car and both were equally important, Additional rear traction for a 725 Super Snake, and Retain the original Super Snake look............

View attachment 187288

View attachment 187289

View attachment 187290

View attachment 187291

Also of importance to me was an attempt to match tires on all four corners and not have mis-matched fronts and rears, also an attempt to regain the 1/2" rim width up front that would be lost by using 9" Alcoa's on the front vs. the original 9.5" wheels that were installed by Ford when new.

In the end I got some badly needed rear rubber traction surface and also some additional front tire tread traction surface for a heavy nosed GT500..........and the car stills retains the Super Snake look, without wider tires that look like "love handles" on too narrow rims, or wider rims with tires that are too narrow.

It is a balancing act with the Alcoa's. :thumbsup:

R
How much is your car lowered on the front and the rear with your adjustable coil overs?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
How much is your car lowered on the front and the rear with your adjustable coil overs?

The front is as low as the Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers will go and the rear is about in the middle of the adjustment or maybe a little lower that 1/2 way.

If you are asking how much lower it is than original oem Ford ride height, I don't know, my car was sent directly from the original out of state selling Ford dealership to Las Vegas, the first time I ever saw my car in person was after it was Super Snaked so I have nothing oem for comparison, but I have done some tweaking to the height since I got it back from Las Vegas.

Thank you for bringing this thread back, I was not sure how long ago I did the 10" front/12" rear change, it looks like about 8 years ago.......I know that I pioneered most of this, but I was not sure exactly how far back that went.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here are a couple of more updated pictures..........

013-zpsrznssjzl.jpg
004-zpsyrjdflrk.jpg

My driveway is a right turn 45 degree incline. Even when I turn into my up hill driveway and one rear tire tucks up into the fenderwell and the other side drops out, I do not have any rubbing on my fender lip area with the ride height shown above.

R

Vinnie Swole

Established Member
The front is as low as the Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers will go and the rear is about in the middle of the adjustment or maybe a little lower that 1/2 way.

If you are asking how much lower it is than original oem Ford ride height, I don't know, my car was sent directly from the original out of state selling Ford dealership to Las Vegas, the first time I ever saw my car in person was after it was Super Snaked so I have nothing oem for comparison, but I have done some tweaking to the height since I got it back from Las Vegas.

Thank you for bringing this thread back, I was not sure how long ago I did the 10" front/12" rear change, it looks like about 8 years ago.......I know that I pioneered most of this, but I was not sure exactly how far back that went.

R
Awesome!! Thanks brother! By the way, if I consider getting these coil overs, in your opinion, How is the ride on public streets? Is it super stiff? Is it noisy?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Here are a couple of more updated pictures..........

View attachment 1563524
View attachment 1563525

My driveway is a right turn 45 degree incline. Even when I turn into my up hill driveway and one rear tire tucks up into the fenderwell and the other side drops out, I do not have any rubbing on my fender lip area with the ride height shown above.

R
One hell of a thread res.. but with such a beautiful Super Snake.... I have no objection. Beautiful car Robert!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Awesome!! Thanks brother! By the way, if I consider getting these coil overs, in your opinion, How is the ride on public streets? Is it super stiff? Is it noisy?

It is a more firm ride, but not jarring or rough. I have never had any noise from my Eibach set up.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
One hell of a thread res.. but with such a beautiful Super Snake.... I have no objection. Beautiful car Robert!

^^^^Thanks!

Yes, it was a blast from the past. Recently we have discussed putting 275's and 285's on the front of these cars on some other forums because the front end handling is so much more planted when pressed into a turn. I had mentioned that I put 275's on the front when I installed the 10" Alcoa's.........but time flies by so quickly, I couldn't remember.....was it 6 years ago? 5 years ago?..........this thread shows it was about 8 years ago.

I also think that I put this info. on the Team Shelby Super Snake forum before it ever got to here......so it has def. been 8+ years ago when I did this 10"/12" set up. <<<This was back in the time when Super Snake owners on the forum were saying "NO WAY!, the 10" Alcoa's will not fit on the front, they are a different offset!". <<Well yes, they are a different offset because (being an inch wider), the center line of the wheel has changed. Well, all of that changed when I did it, and took the pictures to prove it, and the rest is history.....

R

Vinnie Swole

Established Member

R
Hey, Brother!! I attempted to order the Eibach Pro-Street S Coilover kit, but all Eibach coilover kits are discontinued until further notice. Couldn’t find the kit anywhere. So I finally ended up ordering the next step up from Eibach. It was their very last set too. It is the Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilover Kit!! Definitely excited! Just had it installed today actually. I need to make some small adjustments, but definitely great setup. After you make adjustments, is there any break-in time? Or is it all locked in instantly? And what is measurement from ground to fender edge on rear on your car?? Thanks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hey, Brother!! I attempted to order the Eibach Pro-Street S Coilover kit, but all Eibach coilover kits are discontinued until further notice. Couldn’t find the kit anywhere. So I finally ended up ordering the next step up from Eibach. It was their very last set too. It is the Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilover Kit!! Definitely excited! Just had it installed today actually. I need to make some small adjustments, but definitely great setup. After you make adjustments, is there any break-in time? Or is it all locked in instantly? And what is measurement from ground to fender edge on rear on your car?? Thanks.

WOW, thanks for that Eibach info. I am glad I picked up a new in boxes spare set for my car about 5 years ago. I figured that Eibach would not offer this kit forever so having a correct spare set for my car would be wise to store away.

As with any coil spring, there may be some setting, you will have to monitor that.

I will have to measure my car and get back with you.

R

Vinnie Swole

Established Member
WOW, thanks for that Eibach info. I am glad I picked up a new in boxes spare set for my car about 5 years ago. I figured that Eibach would not offer this kit forever so having a correct spare set for my car would be wise to store away.

As with any coil spring, there may be some setting, you will have to monitor that.

I will have to measure my car and get back with you.

R
Awesome! Definitely good you got another set!!! And thanks. Let me know✅

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Awesome! Definitely good you got another set!!! And thanks. Let me know✅

Was it the Eibach R1 that has the oil reservoirs? or is it the R2 or both?

Shelby offered those kits through Shelby Perf. Parts, but not as part of the regular Super Snake build, not even a build extra cost option.

R

Vinnie Swole

Established Member
Was it the Eibach R1 that has the oil reservoirs? or is it the R2 or both?

Shelby offered those kits through Shelby Perf. Parts, but not as part of the regular Super Snake build, not even a build extra cost option.

R
The R2 has the reservoirs. Definitely nice. Can’t go wrong with any of the Eibach coilover kits...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes. I just got them installed yesterday. Going to make a couple adjustments, but they’re great...

Did the R1's come with the bearings between the adjustment points? The Pro Street-S did not, but I bought them for my spare set. Those bearings will make adjustments much easier on the car, but it requires the front struts to be disassembled for the bearings to be installed, so I have not installed them on the set I have on my car.

R

Users who are viewing this thread