Finally Drove A Trackhawk And...

Recon

Established Member
I’d say get what you want and whatever will make you happy. As long as the vehicle has a warranty more power to you, but once that warranty expires get rid of it ASAP.
On a side note:
Hopefully they’ve improved their spark plug life more than what it was on the Panamera I worked on earlier this year.

Pick your poison.

Dusten

Established Member
450HP and 935TQ not enough performance? A simple tune and bolt ons put it easily at 600 RWHP and 1,000 RWTQ.

It might not be a “handler”, but I would not say it lacks performance.
I own a 2017... They weigh 7500+
Compared to whats listed they arent performance. Not even close. They dont handle. They dont stop. They arent fast.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I own a 2017... They weigh 7500+
Compared to whats listed they arent performance. Not even close. They dont handle. They dont stop. They arent fast.

Thats awesome. Love those things. I dont own one but do have seat time in one and I will have to disagree. Stock they are plenty peppy and brakes are great. Very easy to make these things quick. They arent a sports car but they offer plenty of performance.

When I say they offer plenty of performance, I dont mean at the road course, that should be obvious. Look at what they are designed to do and look at what they can do.

Dusten

Established Member
Thats awesome. Love those things. I dont own one but do have seat time in one and I will have to disagree. Stock they are plenty peppy and brakes are great. Very easy to make these things quick. They arent a sports car but they offer plenty of performance.

When I say they offer plenty of performance, I dont mean at the road course, that should be obvious. Look at what they are designed to do and look at what they can do.

Look what he's shopping it against. In that realm they offer no performance.

I've been playing the diesel game since 2002 when we were struggling to make 400hp on an obs 7.3.

For a big truck, these move. For a big truck, the brakes work But if you have to caveat the vehicle, its likely not performance.

These trucks are mid 7s 0-60 at best

blk02edge

Established Member
Look what he's shopping it against. In that realm they offer no performance.

I've been playing the diesel game since 2002 when we were struggling to make 400hp on an obs 7.3.

For a big truck, these move. For a big truck, the brakes work But if you have to caveat the vehicle, its likely not performance.

These trucks are mid 7s 0-60 at best
Agree I just rode in a 19 SD and it felt like a lifeless dog, performance my ass lol. Im sure it would tow nice though

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Agree I just rode in a 19 SD and it felt like a lifeless dog...

That goes right along with what I said in the OP about people's perception of "fast". Everybody has different experiences that shape their opinions. What feels fast to one person might feel dog slow to the next person. And I think my making my comment about the Trackhawk is what originally sent folks reeling. For me, my perception of fast is a modded, lightened and tightened GT500. Obviously, an SUV that weighs +/-1900 lbs more with less HP is going to feel and be slower. But because of the Hellcat folklore, I was "tricked" into expecting it to feel faster.

blk02edge

Established Member
“Lifeless dog”.... lmao
Im aware of how they react to tuning but if you think that truck in stock form is anything but slow... I dunno what you are smoking. Not even relatively speaking... Its just slow

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

How much of the towing experience is directly related to the trailer? Would the experience have been different if a cheaper/less expensive trailer were used?

I can comprehend the issue around the weight, but is there something to be said about how that weight is managed?

BTW....if not already obvious, I know nothing about towing. The article is an interesting read and directly relates to the OP, minus the "S".

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im aware of how they react to tuning but if you think that truck in stock form is anything but slow... I dunno what you are smoking. Not even relatively speaking... Its just slow

I am sorry bro. Not slow. You need to learn to push the throttle ALL the way in.

Go to the gym, do some squats and calf raises, eat some steak and give it another try. Report back findings.

My94GT

Established Member
Let’s be real the F250 is an amazing work horse that can come with some nice trim in upper levels but it is no nimble vehicle like the Porsche. You’re comparing a sledgehammer to a scalpel lol.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sorry bro. Not slow. You need to learn to push the throttle ALL the way in.
Go to the gym, do some squats and calf raises, eat some steak and give it another try. Report back findings.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

blk02edge

Established Member

Probably another one of your typical troll opinions, dont care.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So let me get this right... you want the " Fun" road trip vehicle to be the vehicle with the same horsepower as a mustang gt but 1000 pounds more.

damn those other "slow" 700 horsepower vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread