Finally Found a CV boot retailer?

Birchman1310

Established Member
Hey guys. So as many other members have experienced, I had a small rip in my inner cv boot. The endless searches for a direct replacement has hopefully come to an end.

I have Drive Shaft Shop level 5 halfshafts and contacted them to inquire about the inner cv boot. They told me they reuse the stock inner cv boots and that the boot that's on there is the original. HOWEVER, they said they started manufacturing direct replacement boots due to the demand for the parts. I ordered two inner cv boots, $31 each, complete with grease/hardware and had them shipped to my door in under 3 days. They look identical in size, shape, diameter, etc to the OEM. I'll be replacing them on Sunday and will be sure to keep y'all posted.

Hopefully this ends the requirement of using universal fit boots that are a pain in the a$$ to fit.
1520971440619.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Good stuff - i apologize i thought this was common knowledge, as I’ve been using these at my shop regularly

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Hey guys. So as many other members have experienced, I had a small rip in my inner cv boot. The endless searches for a direct replacement has hopefully come to an end.

I have Drive Shaft Shop level 5 halfshafts and contacted them to inquire about the inner cv boot. They told me they reuse the stock inner cv boots and that the boot that's on there is the original. HOWEVER, they said they started manufacturing direct replacement boots due to the demand for the parts. I ordered two inner cv boots, $31 each, complete with grease/hardware and had them shipped to my door in under 3 days. They look identical in size, shape, diameter, etc to the OEM. I'll be replacing them on Sunday and will be sure to keep y'all posted.

Hopefully this ends the requirement of using universal fit boots that are a pain in the a$$ to fit. View attachment 1473098

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

How did this work out? I have a small hole in my driver rear boot. I sent the website an inquiry to see if they can still get me one as well.

IMG_1380.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Birchman1310

Established Member

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Awesome! I’ll be waiting for a reply from them to set up an order! Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Caseindaplace

Established Member
What’s involved with the install? Driveway capable with a jack or lift? or do I need to go to a shop and drop the entire rear end ?

MG0h3

Established Member
Nah man you can do it in the driveway. But ya wheels off and on stands. Gotta get the knuckle out of the way to remove the axle.

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Forgot to ask. What is the drivability of the car with the boot hole and assume ALL the grease is pretty much been spewed out?

What is within the boot ?

MG0h3

Established Member
The boot is there to hold the grease in and keep dirt out. Inside is the constant velocity joint. If you google a pic you'll see why it can't have dirt or run dry.

FWIW, a ways back people were using a universal two piece one that you actually glued together. I don't recall there being a huge failure rate or anything, but I'd research that route to confirm. That way, you don't have to pull the car apart.

It does take awhile to trash the CV as there is def. still grease in there. Also, since it isn't a steering axle it doesn't articulate at much. I would handle it as soon as convenient though.

When this happens to me, I'll probably try the universal two piece one and have the real ones on standby for when I actually have to take the car apart.

Users who are viewing this thread