Finally gave in and got new rims.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Also did springs, MM C/C plates, poly steering rack bushings, and the last 2 poly IRS bushings. I hope it settles a bit more, especially in the back.

newwheels1.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Looks good, are they silver or chrome? The back is kinda high but it should settle a lil more as they wear in... Nice!

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
Looks good, are they silver or chrome?
They're called "hypercoat", aka black chrome. I believe they're power coated black before they're chromed. I thought it would look good against the DSG.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
which springs??? The car really doesnt look lowered to tell you the truth. The car looks great though!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
:eek: I love your car!! My favorite color cobra and sweet a$$ rims to top it off!!! Very Nice :beer:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Why didn't anyone tell me that I had 2 of the same pic up? :p I've edited the url on the 2nd one now.

Originally posted by Juiced-03
which springs??? The car really doesnt look lowered to tell you the truth. The car looks great though!

Eibach pro kit w/ MM Poly isolators. I'm told it will settle some by 2 other people who have the same setup.

It's definitely lower in the front now - I can tell by the curb at my parking spot. The back is still too high, and if it doesn't settle by at least 1/2" in a few weeks, I'll pull the poly isolators out and put rubber ones in.

The wheels are 18x9 front and 18x10 back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh man does it hurt to see those pics. For a moment there I thought I was looking at my old '03. Love that DSG paint. Take me for a ride?

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Oh man does it hurt to see those pics. For a moment there I thought I was looking at my old '03. Love that DSG paint. Take me for a ride?

Sorry Bob! But yeah, a ride anytime you want if you're ever in MD.

Hmmm, I was thinking. Perhaps you should register the domain name "infinibob.com" :-D

jk man ;)

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by nothing
need to tint the windows, that will set off the color of the car more and the rims
Yep, 35% is going on it soon. :thumbsup:

(it's the legal limit here, and yes, you get nailed if you're over at all)

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Very nice rims. I hate to say it, but I think they look a little like the C6 Corvette rims. They look awesome on your car.

Users who are viewing this thread