finally get my run with a SRT

bmfgsxr

Established Member
its also good to see a 10 owner with a good mindset about the whole brand loyalty thing. i love my ford for sure, but i love anything that is fast and has power.. especially these trucks. there are far too many people that get on a high horse because of how much money they spent at the dealer, and they think that makes them better..

Flying Low

Established Member
OK just so my point is clear. I have no problem with an L beating up on a SRT-10. I agree with the run what you brung. Whether you lose because you aren't modded enough or you lose cause you suck at driving. A loss is a loss. I'm just saying if you are running then at least be honest about your mods. Even if you tell him after it's done. Who knows, you might end up being friends with the guy.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Another case of "read the whole thread"...:
latemodelracer2 said:
If you were only closer id show you what a boost only L will do :loser:
Been there done that brother...
Built 6 of my own, and a few for others...
If only you were closer I would show you how to get more power out of your L...{smile}
I'm done with this thread..

L.

Last edited:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
As far as race tune your wrong. Street tune, less power, both power adders, and he was braggin not me. I just put him in his place. We were cool after the race too. btw i got a friend with a silver 10, paxton supercharger, custom intercooler, 10lbs, 640 hp runs 11.6. Tuned by Larrocas. And anyone can run nitrous.

LightningMAS

Banned
i thought SRT10 was suppose to be FAST with there (viper motor) 500hp stock and shit.. i guess not.. i guess u SRT10 guys got OWNED.!

ya, run what you brung! u lose, oh well.. try again next time.

Flying Low

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
i thought SRT10 was suppose to be FAST with there (viper motor) 500hp stock and shit.. i guess not.. i guess u SRT10 guys got OWNED.!

ya, run what you brung! u lose, oh well.. try again next time.

What's fast? 13's,12's? They are faster then the L stock. 500 HP stock, which equates to 420ish at the wheels. So a modded L that is putting 420 or higher to the wheels is probably getting 500 at the crank or higher. **** it. I'm not going to argue this. No good comes out of it.

Red Snake

Established Member
orange2004cobra said:
6 speeds are stock w/the 4.56 out back..
Thats cool and all, but with the spray, I am shifting way too damn much..
I am gonna play aroung with a 3.92 rear and see how many time I have to shift in the 1/4, I am bettin 3 max..
And that would be good, cause I shift fast...
Prob. help out with spin and shift time..
The viper tranny is geared quite funny...
L.
I don't think the 3.92s will work dude. I have an 04 SRT10 which came stock with 4.10 gears. They didn't start putting 4.56s in until 05 models. With the 4.10s the truck bogs down just a tad after the 60ft mark. With the 3.92s I'd think you'll bog really bad. Maybe not with a big shot of spray, though that might help you.

As for the 16"slicks, we can't run em. Have to shave 1/4" off each rear caliper or remove them altogether.

203Cree

Established Member
Jesus Christ, c'mon guys. This is rediculous. They're both nice trucks. You can take the money part out of the equation, because right now none of us are paying book on either truck. They've got a lot of cubes on us, we've got a blower. That's just how the power is made. This modded vs. stock debate is just assinine. You want a race, run stock for stock. See how that goes. You want a fair modded race? Each truck, equal mods. At some point in time we need to quit arguing with each other about this and focus on the import guys, because there will be some imports in the near future that could surprise us (Titans anyone?).

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
orange2004cobra said:
I my dear friend havent lost..
I am merly commenting on lying about mods...
If your modded, say your modded, if your bone stock, say it..
But dont say your stock if your not...
You guys kill me...
L.

WTF is the "You guys kill me..." comment?

Are you calling all of the Lightning owners on this forum a bunch of liars? Please be specific with your good for nothin' finger pointing. Don't question my integrity.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I love what this thread has turned into...so much anger, anymosity, finger pointing and hostility. LOL. Makes me wanna shoot something. :beer: LOL.

"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King
Me - "Hell No."

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Both great trucks. Both fast stock and even faster modified. Both show what american muscle is all about. Its all in good fun. Nothing beats beating someone who believes trucks cant be that fast! Lmao.

203Cree

Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
btw, Stillen released a twin screw for the Titan. Ran 14s with 510 crank hp

That's what I was refering too in not so many words. Give those guys some time to dial it in, see what happens.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
there is no sense to bash another brand in my mind. you gotta have respect for anything that is fast, or at least made to be fast.

and i love nissans too. and its good to hear that stillen came out with a s/c for the titan. although i dont think it will ever look as nice as the L or an srt10, hopefully it will be running in the 13's soon. good competetion is a good thing.

Red Snake

Established Member
Orange2004Cobra,

You're running a 300 shot of juice on your SRT10? :eek: Hope that's not a stock bottom end, lol.

Props to you man, you got big nuts to run that big of a shot on it. ;-)

orange2004cobra

Established Member
nastynivek said:
WTF is the "You guys kill me..." comment?

Are you calling all of the Lightning owners on this forum a bunch of liars? Please be specific with your good for nothin' finger pointing. Don't question my integrity.
No, Not all, only the ones who lie..
Hence the comment..
It kills me when one guy lies about his mods, and another guy defends it...
No, not calling all the L. guys liars, just the ones who lie...
L.

{sorry, had to jump back on the thread after reading more..}

Last edited:

orange2004cobra

Established Member
ViperTruck2933 said:
Orange2004Cobra,

You're running a 300 shot of juice on your SRT10? :eek: Hope that's not a stock bottom end, lol.

Props to you man, you got big nuts to run that big of a shot on it. ;-)
Yeah, the borrom end is stock for now....
Shes runnin' real good...
I was hoping for an excuse to have to open her up, but she hasnt given me one yet...With the pills im runnin, her a/f is the same as stock, and pyro temps are good, so who knows..I guess the one thing to consider is that there is 20 percent more cyl. volume and 20 percent more material mass to take the hit.. I know one guy in Atlanta runnin a 400 shot with propane injection as well...
I will run more spray when i have a spare engine sitting in the shop...At least until roe racing has the autorotor finished for it. then she gets built, screwed, and sprayed on....
Check em out www.roeracing.com
Also check out BTR's website.
BTR knows more about Nitrous on Vipers than Jesus did about healing...
later,
L.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread